The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How are you going to get a well paid job with that kind of thinking?
It’s not that deep
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Wait. Stop for a second.

What was the reason you rejected Warwick and accepted Kings instead?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Nununu
Wait. Stop for a second.

What was the reason you rejected Warwick and accepted Kings instead?

International rep, a higher ranking for my subject and everyone around me telling me to do so.

Original post by sammyj97
It’s not that deep

How deep is it, though?
Reply 5
International rep, a higher ranking for my subject and everyone around me telling me to do so.

How deep is it, though?

You'll get a good job with Kings as well depending on you gwtti g a 2.1.

But if u really want to go to Warwick phone them up and ask if they will still accept you.

Might as well give it a go.
Reply 6
You might aswell go to whichever uni you actually want to go and forget the league tables, you’re gonna be there every day !!
Reply 7
Original post by Nununu
You'll get a good job with Kings as well depending on you gwtti g a 2.1.

But if u really want to go to Warwick phone them up and ask if they will still accept you.

Might as well give it a go.

I couldn't. My family all think that going to King's is basically a guarantee of a job and they view it as highly prestigious.

Will my prospects be lower at King's than at Warwick?

Do tables actually matter?
KCL is an amazing uni. It has a much higher world ranking than Warwick too.
Reply 9
Original post by OR321
KCL is an amazing uni. It has a much higher world ranking than Warwick too.

Very much aware of that. My worry is that its perception could go down because its student satisfaction is so low, which drags it down to such a ridiculous level in the tables. People don't look at different metrics on league tables, they just look at the overall ranking.
Very much aware of that. My worry is that its perception could go down because its student satisfaction is so low, which drags it down to such a ridiculous level in the tables. People don't look at different metrics on league tables, they just look at the overall ranking.

What course are you doing?
Original post by OR321
What course are you doing?

Law.
I had an offer from Warwick, a uni that ranks in the top 10 consistently on all league tables, but I turned it down in favor of KCL, which ranks #25 according to Complete, #35 according to the Times and #63 according to the Guardian.

I keep telling myself that it wasn't that bad of a decision, but I just can't ignore those league tables. I can't get it out of my mind. I could have gone to a top 10 and instead I'm going to... #63... It's ranked lower than De Montfort and Oxford Brookes according to the Guardian.
I realise this is due to student satisfaction skewing it and all, but I keep seeing posts on here where people claim that the most elitist employers do care about league tables. I sincerely doubt these employers look at the methodology behind the tables enough to understand what might be bringing a university down. I've seen job adverts that specifically say "top 30 university required". I couldn't even apply for those jobs apparently...
5-10 places doesn't make a difference, sure, but 60 sure as hell does. I want to get into a well-paid career and I don't think I'll ever be able to make it if I go to King's.

I haven't slept in a while, I'm having intense chest pains as a result of panic attacks, I'm absolutely terrified, I've lost all hope and what little self-esteem I had. I feel like I've tossed all my hard work (A*A*A) away. I have the grades for Oxbridge and instead I'm going to #63.

I ****ing hate snowflakes. "terrified" lmao
Law.

Well according to thecompleteuniversityguide, KCL is 8th for Law and Warwick is 23rd

rather than being concerned about the rankings i'd be more concerned that the student satisfaction is that low lol. but you do you
Original post by OR321
Well according to thecompleteuniversityguide, KCL is 8th for Law and Warwick is 23rd

Yeah I just looked it up and saw this as well. OP you need to grow up. Just seen another one where warwick is 49th and KCL is 12th. Open your eyes. Kids these days think they deserve it all and take how lucky they are for granted.

This girl be acting like she rejected Oxford for like London Met or something with that fkin dramatic title
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17

I think if you want a magic circle contract afterwards, then Warwick is more of a target uni then Kings.

I think you need to grow up a bit more and pick the uni and course you think you would enjoy more. Stop listening to your parents/family so much.

If need be take a gap year, if you want to go to a different uni.

But stop relying others to make this decision for you.
Reply 18
If I was u, I would’ve done exactly the same. I went to kings for a summer school and honestly loved it so much, the student body is so lovely and it’s in a fab part of London. Honestly you’ll love it there. And it’s an amazing university like world class uni. So enjoy
Original post by Nununu
I think if you want a magic circle contract afterwards, then Warwick is more of a target uni then Kings.

I think you need to grow up a bit more and pick the uni and course you think you would enjoy more. Stop listening to your parents/family so much.

If need be take a gap year, if you want to go to a different uni.

But stop relying others to make this decision for you.

But I thought magic circle was the one place where King's did better than Warwick...
There's that one last upside gone...

Latest