The Student Room Group

How can I buy clothes online without my parents knowing?

So I’m a student and I looooooooove buying clothes. T-shirts, shorts, hoodies, joggers, you name it. :tongue: Problem is my mum thinks I have too many and has banned me from buying any more shorts or hoodies! :biggrin::colonhash: I must have about a dozen T-shirts, a dozen shorts and a dozen hoodies. Sometimes I will buy some clothes from a shop and sneak them into the house. :teehee:

But I was wondering how can I buy clothes online without my parents finding out. As usually you will get a parcel delivered to your door with your name on it and of course my parents would find out then lol.
(edited 4 years ago)
As a friend if you can get it delivered to their house or click and collect from a store/post office
can you get it delivered to a click and collect point? a lot of places let you deliver to your local post office and other participating stores that you could go and pick up sometime without your parents knowing 😊
What kind of parents ban their kids from buying clothes?? I’m usually the one telling my mum to stop shopping so much 😂
Or maybe you could stop buying so much clothes
Don’t listen to her?
Are you buying clothes with their money?
Original post by Silver_Rose
Are you buying clothes with their money?

No, my own money.
Original post by CollegeStudent99
No, my own money.

Then I don’t see the issue your parents have.
that sounds like an addiction
reminds me of ppl who get addicted to gambling and do it in secret behind their families back etc
Do you actually need any more clothes though? Maybe your parents have a point - you are wasting your money by buying things you don't need. I've learned this the hard way! I have a mild obsession with a dress company and at one point was buying 1 dress a week (over £30 each) before I bought one and realised "I'm not actually keen on it", and decided I was only buying on impulse and not actually really considering why I was buying it.
Original post by Silver_Rose
Then I don’t see the issue your parents have.

Original post by OR321
What kind of parents ban their kids from buying clothes?? I’m usually the one telling my mum to stop shopping so much 😂

Asian parents 😂 @CollegeStudent99 are your parents Asian
Original post by Learning Enni

Yep 😂😂😂. Must be a common thing
Original post by Learning Enni

Nope white.

They're not really strict about it or anything. But whenever I buy a new hoodie or a new pair of shorts it's always "ugh, not again!". :rolleyes:
Original post by CollegeStudent99
So I’m a student and I looooooooove buying clothes. T-shirts, shorts, hoodies, joggers, you name it. :tongue: Problem is my mum thinks I have too many and has banned me from buying any more shorts or hoodies! :biggrin::colonhash: I must have about a dozen T-shirts, a dozen shorts and a dozen hoodies. Sometimes I will buy some clothes from a shop and sneak them into the house. :teehee:

But I was wondering how can I buy clothes online without my parents finding out. As usually you will get a parcel delivered to your door with your name on it and of course my parents would find out then lol.

Can see it from both sides to be honest.
Your money, so fair enough. There are more worse things you could be doing. Clothes shopping... pretty tame.
How old are you may I ask? Maybe you could put the money towards driving lessons / travelling if your're interested in that sort of stuff - would be more beneficial than clothes purchasing tbh. Also Sounds like you have a lot from your post :tongue: are there any clothes you can donate to a charity shop? i.e. the ones you no longer wear?
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey, sometimes you have to go through these situations but think if you would really enjoy buying clothes without knowing your parents, after all they would know when you will wear or when these clothes will get washed.
Original post by Chronoscope
Can see it from both sides to be honest.
Your money, so fair enough. There are more worse things you could be doing. Clothes shopping... pretty tame.
How old are you may I ask? Maybe you could put the money towards driving lessons / travelling if your're interested in that sort of stuff - would be more beneficial than clothes purchasing tbh. Also Sounds like you have a lot from your post :tongue: are there any clothes you can donate to a charity shop? i.e. the ones you no longer wear?

I'm 19. Yeah I've thought about donating some clothes to a charity shop before.
Original post by lauren2451
can you get it delivered to a click and collect point? a lot of places let you deliver to your local post office and other participating stores that you could go and pick up sometime without your parents knowing 😊

Yes I can, but the thing is, it would still show up on my bank statement as a transaction as I pay by debit card. Not sure how I can avoid that.
Original post by steamed-hams
that sounds like an addiction
reminds me of ppl who get addicted to gambling and do it in secret behind their families back etc

Can see myself in 10 years time appearing on one of those hoarder programmes, you know the ones where someone has like 50 cats or who’s house is jam packed with ornaments etc.

I could be “the man who owns a 100 hoodies” lol. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest