The Student Room Group

The TSR Satire Thread

A general thread for political satire of all stripes.
I'll start:

Anyone got a good caption for this?
Original post by LiberOfLondon
A general thread for political satire of all stripes.
I'll start:

Anyone got a good caption for this?

Jacob suffers a bout of frailty after his wet nurse forgets to feed him.
(edited 4 years ago)
I was going to go with
”Jake from Bristol had a wife and six children, until his hedge fund failed. Now he sleeps rough in Westminster. Your £5 could help fund a 300-bedroom mansion for Jake to stay in for a night. Donate to Centrepoint today, and please give generously.”
Reply 4
Original post by LiberOfLondon
I was going to go with
”Jake from Bristol had a wife and six children, until his hedge fund failed. Now he sleeps rough in Westminster. Your £5 could help fund a 300-bedroom mansion for Jake to stay in for a night. Donate to Centrepoint today, and please give generously.”

now that is a charitable cause I could give to
Could you please crowd fund me for a massive mansion too please whilst you’re at it
Keele University's twitter won the day:

There are better places to lie down.

Free the Downing Street one
Diane Abbott is such a good MP - she works 37 hours a day for her constituents!
**EARTHQUAKE APPEAL - PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY**

An earthquake of magnitude 5.0 on the Richter scale has struck the London Borough of Islington. Early reports indicate that a large number of allegedly funny protest signs and memorabilia from skiing trips were damaged, with £15,000,000 in scatter cushions being destroyed. Residents were woken well before a delivery man from Fortnum and Mason arrived, and news of the earthquake was speedily picked up and distributed by the Guardian, New European and Morning Star.

One local mother of 2, Cressida Wright-Pratt*, said from her six-bedroom mansion ”It was such a ghastly earthquake, little Tarquin couldn't concentrate on his EU flag jigsaw puzzle he bought at the Lib Dem conference. I dread to think what happened to all those nasty proles in that dreadful place Tottenham”

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

50p buys a pen to write a ranty, untruthful letter to Jacob Rees-Mogg, blaming him for the earthquake and calling him a Fascist.

£1.80 buys a Guardian to read and show all your mates whatever rubbish Carole Codswallop has come up with next.

£5 buys a bowl of ludicrously expensive cereal at a pop-up cafe

£10 buys a James O'Brien book to be incredibly smug about

£20 buys a bottle of prosecco to soothe an earthquake victim's nerves.

Culturally sensitive food parcels are harder to put together but if you do decide to do so, please ensure they contain plenty of quinoa, kale and notes from Greta Thunberg explaining how eating anything else will end the world by next Tuesday.

**New European breaking news**

A girl was found in the rubble on Marquess Street earlier. Rescue workers asked her ”where are you bleeding from” to which she responded ”how dare you use that dreadful swear word in front of me, you gammon!”

*with apologies to Viz Comic
Ha ha, love this post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending