The Student Room Group

Sheffield A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laycity
Have you read the previous posts on this thread?

yes, i'm so sorry i completely forgot to mention - i'm also international and resitting 2 a-levels so idk if this would affect my chances in any way?
Original post by pseudo123
yes, i'm so sorry i completely forgot to mention - i'm also international and resitting 2 a-levels so idk if this would affect my chances in any way?

Internationals are ranked separately to home applicants and there are only 18 places as you may know. They allow resits for home students, not sure about internationals, I suggest you ask them.
Reply 22
can anyone give me their honest opinion on medicine at Sheffield? what they like and dislike personally? (objective or subjective, just some general insight)
Anyone else definitely applying to Sheffield?
Original post by Sososnake

depends on the deciles this year but yup I most probably will!

Yh for sure it seems like a solid option to get an interview
Original post by pseudo123
depends on the deciles this year but yup I most probably will!

Same I went to the open day and loved it
Original post by Uzair63
Yh for sure it seems like a solid option to get an interview

Yep and it was really nice and a great SU
What’s everyone’s UCAT score? And do we know if Sheffield does their interview in stages or all at once?
Reply 29
Original post by Uzair63
What’s everyone’s UCAT score? And do we know if Sheffield does their interview in stages or all at once?

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying/whathappens
Original post by Uzair63

700 Band 1 and what do you mean by the interview style?

I’ve read it and it says nothing on that.
If anyone is aware of Bristol format where they take a bunch of applicants who have higher ucat scores first then decide to take another batch who have slightly lower scores. Does Sheffield do that too?
Reply 32
Original post by Uzair63
I’ve read it and it says nothing on that.
If anyone is aware of Bristol format where they take a bunch of applicants who have higher ucat scores first then decide to take another batch who have slightly lower scores. Does Sheffield do that too?

Ahh. No, they set a cut off, publish it on their website and then invite all the people above it to interview. Takes them a few days to get them out and they come out in no particular order
Original post by GANFYD
Ahh. No, they set a cut off, publish it on their website and then invite all the people above it to interview. Takes them a few days to get them out and they come out in no particular order

Sheffield have interviews around November anyway so that shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t want it to be February or March and still having interviews
Reply 34
Original post by Uzair63
Sheffield have interviews around November anyway so that shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t want it to be February or March and still having interviews

You won't care when they come if you haven't already got any!
Original post by GANFYD
You won't care when they come if you haven't already got any!

True lmao but hopefully that isn’t the case and won’t be. Not too be cocky but my ucat is strong enough for the places I’m looking at
Reply 36
Original post by Uzair63
True lmao but hopefully that isn’t the case and won’t be. Not too be cocky but my ucat is strong enough for the places I’m looking at

Yes, I still remember my son's sweating when other people had had interview offers and they hadn't and they also had good UKCAT scores, so trust in your stats and the process will happen
I’d love to apply but I couldn’t make the open days. What were people’s general impressions?

I'm applying as international. Just took my UCAT yst, 745 band 2. All the best to everyone.
I am thinking of applying to Sheffield University to study medicine. However I am not too confident on my Ucat score of 635 even though it is above the cut-off score. I heard that Sheffield ranks their applicant's UCAT and the average last year was around the 670-680 mark. Is this true? And if it is, is my UCAT good enough for an interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending