The Student Room Group

how can I get revenge on my parents

Ok my parents are actually awful people. Really abusive. But they have power over me. I rely on them for money, somewhere to live and things like that. I would leave but then it's just my loss. I have said to them when they
re old I won't be visiting them and they won't see their grandkids but they were like "fine we have other children you could kill yo*rself if you wanted and we wouldn't care" kind of thing. I just feel hopeless

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Ok my parents are actually awful people. Really abusive. But they have power over me. I rely on them for money, somewhere to live and things like that. I would leave but then it's just my loss. I have said to them when they
re old I won't be visiting them and they won't see their grandkids but they were like "fine we have other children you could kill yo*rself if you wanted and we wouldn't care" kind of thing. I just feel hopeless

how old r u?
Reply 2
Original post by yurgirln33s
how old r u?

Reply 3
Getting revenge will not solve the problem. You need to move out.
You’re 18, get a job save up and move out.
Reply 5
Original post by Pathway
Getting revenge will not solve the problem. You need to move out.

how do i move out
Reply 6
Easiest way for you to move out would be to apply to university - preferrably somewhere far away e.g. another city. Student finance will most likely cover your financial needs and you cold get a part time job to cover expenses.
I get what you're saying because, to a certain extent, my parents are similar but, you need to be the bigger person. You're now 18 so, you need to take on some responsibilities and become more independent whether your parents like it or not. You should learn life skills like how to handle your money, etc. by reading books or looking online. Get a job to earn money or go to university if you are able to. Try and work hard to move out and get a place of your own.

If you have siblings, talk to them and if you need support for how you feel, you should talk to a professional or someone you trust about it.

Don't sink down to their level. Be the bigger person...
Reply 8
Original post by Fekky.
Easiest way for you to move out would be to apply to university - preferrably somewhere far away e.g. another city. Student finance will most likely cover your financial needs and you cold get a part time job to cover expenses.

yeah i'm going to uni in a couple of weeks. they were gonna call the police to get me removed but what is even the point in that? lol. still have to come back in the holidays tho
Cover the walls of their living room with poop.
yeah i'm going to uni in a couple of weeks. they were gonna call the police to get me removed but what is even the point in that? lol. still have to come back in the holidays tho

You can always stay at a friends house. Try and get a job while you are at uni so that in 2nd/3rd year you can get a place of your own.
Good luck

You should disown your parents and if need be get a restraining order against them. Ask the university about accommodation options and see what they can do and at the very least you should be able to get advice. I hope you have a fortunate experience
The best revenge is to move forward with your life without them.
Whilst ensuring that they never have any opportunity to abuse you again, disrupt your peace of mind and protect any children you have in the future from their unpleasant influence.

Has worked well for me in the years since I walked out of my parents home before a level results were out.
Good luck!
Thank you
So sorry to hear this... it must be so upsetting for you. The best revenge as they say... is to live your life and be a success at whatever you want to do. Make a plan to get out and don’t look back. You deserve to be happy.
Reply 15

How old are you? And what do you mean by just your loss. Why do you want to copy spitefulness?
Reply 16

Actually you don't have to go back, i didnt!
same here girl
i still live with my fam but i am only 13 years old so i cannot move out yet i have autism and just disowned i am just used as a slave or a pet
Reply 19
Original post by ldshadowlady
i still live with my fam but i am only 13 years old so i cannot move out yet i have autism and just disowned i am just used as a slave or a pet

Do you know what a slave is? Slaves get sold.

Latest

Trending

Trending