The Student Room Group

Has the Boris Johnson portrayal been blow out of proportion?

Scroll to see replies

boris is a clown
Original post by angelinahx
boris is a clown

Exactly. Not even the kind of clown like Cam from Modern Family; he’s an actual twat.
Original post by Aaryra
IM SCREAMING. What? Where is the correlation please?

loool none tbh just mad shes getting away with it smh
Original post by Aaryra
Nah, we don’t stan racists and islamophobes.

"In his weekly column for The Daily Telegraph newspaper, a role he reprised after resigning his government post, Johnson described how following a recent visit to Denmark he was saddened by the country’s “heavy-handed” decision to ban the burqa."

And while he could be considered a racist ,if we were to focus on his statements, he is a supporter of immigration. "In 2018, during the Brexit negotiations, he advocated for a more liberal approach to immigration than British Prime Minister Theresa May."

Honestly it just seems like he is trying to present himself as a true liberal, while still appealing to illiberal voters. Not that I support that, just seems very machiavellian of him. Basically, I think he is just an opportunist and all talk.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by postmalone123
loool none tbh just mad shes getting away with it smh

I dislike Cardi B a lot. Not just her music but her as a person. She did used to steal a lot and makes jokes out of it, but I don’t recall her being a rapist.
Original post by Legally Jasmine
"In his weekly column for The Daily Telegraph newspaper, a role he reprised after resigning his government post, Johnson described how following a recent visit to Denmark he was saddened by the country’s “heavy-handed” decision to ban the burqa."

And while he could be considered a racist ,if we were to focus on his statements, he is a supporter of immigration. "In 2018, during the Brexit negotiations, he advocated for a more liberal approach to immigration than British Prime Minister Theresa May."

Honestly it just seems like he is trying to present himself as a true liberal, while still appealing to illiberal voters. Not that I support that, but seems very machiavellian of him.

I appreciate his now efforts, I just think some of his previous comments were completely out of line. Just my opinion.
Original post by Aaryra
I appreciate his now efforts, I just think some of his previous comments were completely out of line. Just my opinion.

Ah ok, I get you.
We also don't stan rapists and thieves but Cardi B is still walking free

Wait what rapist? How do I not know this and is it fully confirmed that she is?
Ah ok, I get you.

Tbf I do agree his image has been somewhat destroyed unfairly. Again, I appreciate his efforts in terms of immigration and apologizing for the comments he made, but I just think he was a grown man when he made said comments and knew they were wrong.

Regardless, people tend to see him as an extreme right wing politician and don’t actually know much of his policies but claim to know him so well.

So yeah I don’t like the guy, but I dislike the view that people believe everything they see on stupid Instagram memes.
Wait what rapist? How do I not know this and is it fully confirmed that she is?

she said it herself in some insta live, something how no one knew how hard she had to work to get to where she is by like rapping and stealing from men
Original post by Aaryra
Tbf I do agree his image has been somewhat destroyed unfairly. Again, I appreciate his efforts in terms of immigration and apologizing for the comments he made, but I just think he was a grown man when he made said comments and knew they were wrong.

Regardless, people tend to see him as an extreme right wing politician and don’t actually know much of his policies but claim to know him so well.

So yeah I don’t like the guy, but I dislike the view that people believe everything they see on stupid Instagram memes.

PRSOM.

Exactly!
she said it herself in some insta live, something how no one knew how hard she had to work to get to where she is by like rapping and stealing from men

I’m late but she never raped anyone (to our knowledge).

https://youtu.be/92zHb-z2zD0

https://youtu.be/9q7haE3tKNM

(Don’t know why I kept on thinking about this for a day)
(edited 4 years ago)
Boris is a Muppet who is leave inside a burning building to save a pig instead.
The problem with how Johnson is portrayed is that so many Conservatives portrayed him as a man suitable to be Prime Minister despite his record of dishonesty, limited competence and financial mismanagement.
Original post by _Wellies_
The problem with how Johnson is portrayed is that so many Conservatives portrayed him as a man suitable to be Prime Minister despite his record of dishonesty, limited competence and financial mismanagement.

Which incident(s) are you particularly referring to for the financial mismanagement part?
(edited 4 years ago)
Which incident(s) are you particularly referring to for the financial mismanagement part?

His time as London mayor saw money squandered on overpriced buses, unusable water cannons, and the idiotic failed garden bridge.

In a business context, such ineptitude would not be rewarded. If the Conservative party membership believed in rewarding merit, rather than a mixture of mediocrity and privilege, they’d be much less of a basket case and we wouldn’t have seen the political chaos they’ve delivered over the last few years.
The thing I find most interesting about him is that he is literally the polar opposite of Jeremy Corbyn. What I mean by this is that Corbyn has a very strong support outside of the official labour party, most people do generally like him, whereas the Labour Party themselves and the members of it, are not the most supportive. To me, it's the opposite with Boris. The party love him, but people don't. It may be a bit rash to say people don't like him, but he certainly to me has a reputation of being a bit of a blithering idiot. The conservative party have a very bizarre view on how overrated and unliked Boris actually is.

The crux of the matter is this, the Conservatives have ****ed up royally by electing someone as leader, who is in general less electable than Jeremy Corbyn. Let that sink in. Both are Marmite, but BJ is of stronger flavour.

We have come a long long way from the days of Blair and Cameron. It's embarrassing quite frankly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending