The Student Room Group

Is apprenticeship a good idea

So I failed my as and have to retake which I don't want to do, so I thought about apprenticeships. I got 5+ GCSEs with grade 9-4, i got 5 in maths 5 in English and 6-6 in science. Will apprenticeships get me far in life?
Yeah ofcourse. I know someone who did an apprenticeship and he was able to raise enough money to get a car at 18 and his wage is only going to get higher once his apprenticeship is finished.
Reply 2
Original post by Ayyboi787
Yeah ofcourse. I know someone who did an apprenticeship and he was able to raise enough money to get a car at 18 and his wage is only going to get higher once his apprenticeship is finished.

Was this at GCSE level or after a levels and if u don't mind me asking what apprenticeship did he do?
Original post by Sendhelp20
Was this at GCSE level or after a levels and if u don't mind me asking what apprenticeship did he do?

GCSE level. he went to do an apprenticeship in Joinery
Original post by Sendhelp20
So I failed my as and have to retake which I don't want to do, so I thought about apprenticeships. I got 5+ GCSEs with grade 9-4, i got 5 in maths 5 in English and 6-6 in science. Will apprenticeships get me far in life?

Yes, an apprenticeship is a good idea, and you can go far with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending