The Student Room Group

2020 undergrad students from India

Hey there
any indians here who're applying to study in the uk (undergraduate) in september 2020?

Scroll to see replies

Moved to International Lounge for you buddy :h:
Original post by Glaz
Moved to International Lounge for you buddy :h:

Thx mate
Reply 3
Original post by Mitran
Hey there
any indians here who're applying to study in the uk (undergraduate) in september 2020?

Hi there mitran! I am an international student from India and a currently a Biomedical student at Coventry University. After this have plans to join Medicine! Joined the chat for you! :smile::smile:
Thanks!
Original post by vinitha kumaran
Hi there mitran! I am an international student from India and a currently a Biomedical student at Coventry University. After this have plans to join Medicine! Joined the chat for you! :smile::smile:
Thanks!

Hey vinitha
Which year are you in?
Are you gonna stay back in the UK or return home?
Reply 5
Original post by Mitran
Hey vinitha
Which year are you in?
Are you gonna stay back in the UK or return home?

Hey! I'm about to join second year in another two weeks actually! :smile:
To be honest, i'd really like to stay back and i'm sure that mostly all students from India would like that! But my visa actually ends in 2021!! So, i'm but of in a big confusion now about my life! If I get medicine then well and good, but if not then probably have to do masters in Biomed, but that would extend my visa only for like another year i think? So..yeah...in lot of confusions now!!! :frown: Any suggestions and advice would be nice by anyone :smile:

What about you? What are you studying at the moment? and how long have you been in the UK?

Thanks
Hey! I'm about to join second year in another two weeks actually! :smile:
To be honest, i'd really like to stay back and i'm sure that mostly all students from India would like that! But my visa actually ends in 2021!! So, i'm but of in a big confusion now about my life! If I get medicine then well and good, but if not then probably have to do masters in Biomed, but that would extend my visa only for like another year i think? So..yeah...in lot of confusions now!!! :frown: Any suggestions and advice would be nice by anyone :smile:

What about you? What are you studying at the moment? and how long have you been in the UK?

Thanks

I am in India. I will be applying to join in September next year.
I will be applying for Bsc Finance and economics
How’s the business school in Coventry? Is it any good? I know you’re a mad student but any info will help 😊
Reply 7
Original post by Mitran
I am in India. I will be applying to join in September next year.
I will be applying for Bsc Finance and economics
How’s the business school in Coventry? Is it any good? I know you’re a mad student but any info will help 😊

Oh wow!! You aren't here yet? Wow then you'll really find it all very interesting than our country :smile: Welcome!!
Oh you're not doing med??/ I thought you started this group for medicine joining! lol!! haha!
I am in Coventry University only and i'm really finding it good!:smile: You should definitely apply in Coventry as well? Are you coming here to the uk with your family or is it just you?

Thanks
Oh wow!! You aren't here yet? Wow then you'll really find it all very interesting than our country :smile: Welcome!!
Oh you're not doing med??/ I thought you started this group for medicine joining! lol!! haha!
I am in Coventry University only and i'm really finding it good!:smile: You should definitely apply in Coventry as well? Are you coming here to the uk with your family or is it just you?

Thanks

Just me
I have relatives in Surrey so Surrey is my priority. I was looking at Coventry as one of my other options
I’m not sure about the business school’s reputation
Reply 9
Original post by Mitran
Just me
I have relatives in Surrey so Surrey is my priority. I was looking at Coventry as one of my other options
I’m not sure about the business school’s reputation

Oh I see! I don't know a great deal about Surrey actually tbh, but I know about Coventry because I practically live about 20 minutes away form Coventry in a place called Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. And I'm actually not sure about the business school in Coventry as I 'm in the health and life science department doing Biomedicine. But, I could have a look for you about the Business school if you want and let you know? Coventry uni is good though, so it's worth applying! But make sure you apply as soon as you can because I had a real tough time when I was applying! So keep checking the University's website regularly so that you know when the application for next year starts and whenever it's open, juts go ahead and make an application ASAP to be on the safer side.
Any other questions, i'll be more than happy to help! :smile: Feel free to ask me please:smile:

Thanks

Vini
Oh I see! I don't know a great deal about Surrey actually tbh, but I know about Coventry because I practically live about 20 minutes away form Coventry in a place called Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. And I'm actually not sure about the business school in Coventry as I 'm in the health and life science department doing Biomedicine. But, I could have a look for you about the Business school if you want and let you know? Coventry uni is good though, so it's worth applying! But make sure you apply as soon as you can because I had a real tough time when I was applying! So keep checking the University's website regularly so that you know when the application for next year starts and whenever it's open, juts go ahead and make an application ASAP to be on the safer side.
Any other questions, i'll be more than happy to help! :smile: Feel free to ask me please:smile:

Thanks

Vini

Any information about the reputation of the business school would be handy. Is it okay if I apply in October? Did you apply on your own or through an agency? Thx a lot for dedicating your time to reply 😊
And just curious, are you from Tamil Nadu by any chance?
Reply 11
Original post by Mitran
Any information about the reputation of the business school would be handy. Is it okay if I apply in October? Did you apply on your own or through an agency? Thx a lot for dedicating your time to reply 😊

Hey!
Sure i'll see in the net and tell you what I can! :smile:
And no worries happy to help!:smile:
Actually, when I applied, I was in a very tough situation at home you see!! My dad got a transfer here to uk for four year! And at that time I was in 12th std!! I still had my board exams as well a neet to complete! And moreover, didn't know where I would get admission as well. When my dad's transfer got confirmed at the end of December, I applied to Coventry University in January (almost end date of application but with god's grace, they accepted my application and proceeded:smile:)....So after that almost five or six full month s living with this confusion of where I would study, I finally got an offer and was given the CAS number from the university saying that they are happy to give me admission!! :smile: It was the toughest few months ever for me! So this is my story!
I think you can apply in October, there's no harm doing it as early as you can! So yeah...keep checking the university website to see when they open and to get regular updates.

And yes, I am from Tamil Nadu!!!! :smile: Are you as well??

Always happy to help!

Thanks
Vini
Hey!
Sure i'll see in the net and tell you what I can! :smile:
And no worries happy to help!:smile:
Actually, when I applied, I was in a very tough situation at home you see!! My dad got a transfer here to uk for four year! And at that time I was in 12th std!! I still had my board exams as well a neet to complete! And moreover, didn't know where I would get admission as well. When my dad's transfer got confirmed at the end of December, I applied to Coventry University in January (almost end date of application but with god's grace, they accepted my application and proceeded:smile:)....So after that almost five or six full month s living with this confusion of where I would study, I finally got an offer and was given the CAS number from the university saying that they are happy to give me admission!! :smile: It was the toughest few months ever for me! So this is my story!
I think you can apply in October, there's no harm doing it as early as you can! So yeah...keep checking the university website to see when they open and to get regular updates.

And yes, I am from Tamil Nadu!!!! :smile: Are you as well??

Always happy to help!

Thanks
Vini

I’m from Tamil Nadu as well
Do you live with your father?
By transfer, is he temporarily working there or has your family moved to the uk?
Reply 13
Original post by Mitran
I’m from Tamil Nadu as well
Do you live with your father?
By transfer, is he temporarily working there or has your family moved to the uk?

Hi,
I live here with my family. Everyone moved in!:smile: He has a transfer here for three/four years, but he can always continue here if he wants. That depends on me though! Because if I get Medicine or any other course after I graduate Biomedicine, then i can extend my visa and stay here, but if not.....then I don't know!
Yes...a very hard decision.
Which part in TN, if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Coimbatore.

Thanks
Vini
Hi,
I live here with my family. Everyone moved in!:smile: He has a transfer here for three/four years, but he can always continue here if he wants. That depends on me though! Because if I get Medicine or any other course after I graduate Biomedicine, then i can extend my visa and stay here, but if not.....then I don't know!
Yes...a very hard decision.
Which part in TN, if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Coimbatore.

Thanks
Vini

I live in Chennai. So you’re an international student but the other members of your family are british citizens?
Reply 15
Original post by Mitran
I live in Chennai. So you’re an international student but the other members of your family are british citizens?

What?! Lol!! Nooo....we're all Indians only!! We all moved here together only!
What?! Lol!! Nooo....we're all Indians only!! We all moved here together only!

So you’re father is in the UK on a work visa and your other family members are in the uk as dependants?
Reply 17
Original post by Mitran
So you’re father is in the UK on a work visa and your other family members are in the uk as dependants?

Yes that's right! My mom and my brother are here on dependant visa. I have come on tier-4 student visa (as independant candidate) because the dependant visas are only for below 18. so, i' guessing that you would come on student visa as well? the tier-4 visa?
Reply 18
Original post by Mitran

I had a look at the website for Coventry Uni. For business school, there is a separate webpage that you can have a look at and get to know more info!
The link is: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/faculties-and-schools/coventry-business-school/

Have a look at this link, it gives the courses available in business related studies, about international student and also about the University that you should know about.
I hope this helps:smile:

Thanks
Yes that's right! My mom and my brother are here on dependant visa. I have come on tier-4 student visa (as independant candidate) because the dependant visas are only for below 18. so, i' guessing that you would come on student visa as well? the tier-4 visa?

Oh ok
Yeah I will be coming on a tier 4 visa. Hopefully they bring back the Post Study Work Visa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending