The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PhDmedic
Thanks for the details, do you mean that if you get 1st in Undergraduate degree+Master/PhD, would the UCAT score be regarded differently?

From the four universities mentioned, Barts afaik, yes, although I was reading a couple of posts which say that anything other than your Undergraduate will not matter any more.

Original post by zoews
Hey guys,

Do you think I have a chance this year with a 2680 UCAT (VR:670) I have a BA(Hons) 2:1 and plenty of work experience.

Can't say 100%, but the score is above last year's TSR recorded cut off, so I'd say it's worth applying.
Last year's cut off is also reported to officially be 2,570, so you're 110 clear of that.
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/study/ugr/applying/entryreqs/ucat/
I've been reading a lot of stats on what it takes to get into Warwick but what were the official cut offs for grades and the UCAT from last year again?
Reply 42
Original post by alysidferns
I've been reading a lot of stats on what it takes to get into Warwick but what were the official cut offs for grades and the UCAT from last year again?

From Warwick's A101 page:

Original post by Warwick A101 on UCAT

UCAT: Required scores
...Verbal reasoning score at or above the mean for the cohort...

The lowest UCAT score for an applicant with an undergraduate degree who was invited to Selection Centre was 2,570 for 2019 entry.

Original post by Warwick A101 on Academic requirements

Degree requirements
...a minimum of an upper second class honours (2:1) degree (or overseas equivalent) in any subject.

A-Levels and GCSEs
We do not consider your A-level or GCSE examination results.

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/study/ugr/applying/entryreqs/
(edited 4 years ago)
Any tips on how to improve on AR and QR sections of the test?
Hi, I graduated with a 2:1 in Biomedical science in 2018. I've got work experience in a hospice (1 year), a few days shadowing a consultant microbiologist around various wards and currently I am working as a dieatian assistant in a hospital. My UCAT exam is booked in for sept 28th. I seem to be doing ok on the questions, but I'm worried about timing 🙁
Anyone know how to send their UCAT scores to their choice of medical school? Did you have to make a selection at the time of registration or only after you take the exam? I take mine on 9/16/2019
Original post by alysidferns
Anyone know how to send their UCAT scores to their choice of medical school? Did you have to make a selection at the time of registration or only after you take the exam? I take mine on 9/16/2019

UCAS & PearsonVue liaise; so, there is nothing for us applicants to actively do for the score to be forwarded to those universities who use UCAT and to which we have applied.
Original post by scavo86
UCAS & PearsonVue liaise; so, there is nothing for us applicants to actively do for the score to be forwarded to those universities who use UCAT and to which we have applied.

Excellent thanks so much!
Reply 48
Hi guys,

I have a Biomedical Science degree (1st) and hundreds of hours work experience, both hospital volunteer placements and my full time job as a HCA. I completed my UCAT today and got 688 average and Band 1, but 580 in VR, is Warwick still an option for me or do you reckon the low VR grade will mean it's a no-go?
Planning to wait till the averages are released mid September to make a final decision and see how I fair against the norm
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by RosieOG
Hi guys,

I have a Biomedical Science degree (1st) and hundreds of hours work experience, bot hospital volunteer placements and my full time job as a HCA. I completed my UCAT today and got 688 average but 580 in VR, is Warwick still an option for me or do you reckon the low VR grade will mean it's a no-go?
Planning to wait till the averages are release mid September to make a final decision and see how I fair against the norm

If last year is anything to go by, Warwick should be in your line of fire imo.

Last year's TSR interview data [here].
UCAT info from Warwick, including last year's threshold, [here]
Reply 50
Original post by 548
If last year is anything to go by, Warwick should be in your line of fire imo.

Last year's TSR interview data [here].
UCAT info from Warwick, including last year's threshold, [here]

Oh they're really useful, thank you!
Reply 51
hello,
what documents do we need from our work experiences? just sorting everything now so no problems when i need to submit them
Reply 52
Original post by medic1997_
hello,
what documents do we need from our work experiences? just sorting everything now so no problems when i need to submit them

From the Warwick A101 website:

Telling us about your work experience

[...]written evidence of the number of hours, dates and your role. All work experience verification must be on the official letter headed paper of the organisation that you worked for. We therefore strongly recommend that you ask for references at the time of your placements, or soon after. A template letter for this can be found here.
Reply 53
Original post by 548
From the Warwick A101 website:

Telling us about your work experience

[...]written evidence of the number of hours, dates and your role. All work experience verification must be on the official letter headed paper of the organisation that you worked for. We therefore strongly recommend that you ask for references at the time of your placements, or soon after. A template letter for this can be found here.

so just a reference?
Reply 54
Original post by medic1997_
so just a reference?

So it seems!
Reply 55
Hey guys,

What do you think re the interim UCAT stats?
Reply 56
Original post by zoews
Hey guys,

What do you think re the interim UCAT stats?

Seems to be following the general downtrend, so we could very well see a new low in UCAT, but not by much.
See here:
[2017] [2018] [This year]

QR went up by four points in comparison to last years interim results and AR stayed the same.
The overall score only dropped by 7 points, which is a difference to the prprevious difference of 50 points.

Predicting final average scores of:
VR: 564
DM: 619
QR: 660
AR: 638
Overall: 2481 (620.25)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by 548
Seems to be following the general downtrend, so we could very well see a new low in UCAT, but not by much.
See here:
[2017] [2018] [This year]

QR went up by four points in comparison to last years interim results and AR stayed the same.
The overall score only dropped by 7 points, which is a difference to the prprevious difference of 50 points.

Predicting final average scores of:
VR: 564
DM: 619
QR: 660
AR: 638
Overall: 2481 (620.25)

Here's hoping your predictions are correct as that would bode well for Warwicks cut off!
Reply 58
Original post by zozowarf
Here's hoping your predictions are correct as that would bode well for Warwicks cut off!

Agreed! Would give me a good chance if the cut off decreased. But knowing my luck, it’ll decrease and I’ll have no luck! 😅
Reply 59
Original post by zozowarf

Original post by Bexjw
Agreed! Would give me a good chance if the cut off decreased. But knowing my luck, it’ll decrease and I’ll have no luck! 😅

What stats are you guys sitting on that worry you, if it's okay to ask?

Latest

Trending

Trending