The Student Room Group

Taking a southerner up t'north- Barror1's first year GYG!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
I mean to me English is the difficult one :tongue: I'm definitely not that much smarter :noway:
We still get weekly homeworks :cry: How are you doing an English degree that only has one bit of reading in the first 4 weeks? :eek:

I believe that Frankenstein IS my week 4 reading, I'm just a nerd :rofl:
Sorry! :laugh:
Original post by barror1
I believe that Frankenstein IS my week 4 reading, I'm just a nerd :rofl:
Sorry! :laugh:

See you're here doing your week 4 reading and meanwhile I haven't even done my induction booklet :rofl:
Original post by Lemur14
See you're here doing your week 4 reading and meanwhile I haven't even done my induction booklet :rofl:

The secret is that I have no induction booklet :wink:
Original post by barror1
The secret is that I have no induction booklet :wink:

That wouldn't make me do anything before term starts :lol:
Original post by Lemur14
That wouldn't make me do anything before term starts :lol:

PRSOM, I feel that one in my soul :laugh:
~Welcome to midnight thoughts with Barror 6(7)/9/19~
Oh look, it's almost 12AM. Join me, won't you? :moon:
I stayed up super late tonight sorting through my clothes. There is so much to go to the charity shop tomorrow! I have about 4 bin bags worth of stuff so I am going to ask around the local area to see who needs urgent donations tomorrow. Hopefully, it all goes to a place that really needs it :love:

But you are all here for the midnight ramblings! And boy, do I have one for you.

Here is how I know that my Mac will fit into my uni accommodation!
First, some backstory...
I had some money saved up at Christmas and decided to buy myself a Mac, with the intention to use it for my entire academic career, regardless of how long that might be (hopefully more than 3 years of undergrad :giggle:). The only problem is when I confirmed my room at York and had a look at it...
I realised that there is a very, very low shelf over the desk. Yippee! What a pain :colonhash:
So tonight I hatched an ingenious plan...

Spoiler

I used the crop tool to create a scale of A4 paper/ plug sockets, multiplied the number the measurement of each common appliance against the number I could fit in between the desk and the shelf. It is not an exact science, but it came to around 23/24 inches!

However, this means nothing without knowing how tall my computer is. So I pulled up some schematics of the PC on Google and found that my computer is:

Spoiler

I have done it! I can get my computer into my room with only a few inches to spare. I am absolutely chuffed :crazy:

Next time on midnight ramblings, I will enjoy an ample amount of existential dread with my affectionate audience :wink::rofl:

Goodnight (or morning) everybody!

Tags:

Spoiler

Reply 66
that must be satisfying to work out lol
That's dedication to ensure you can fit your PC :giggle:
glad your mac will fit on your desk! :woo:
Wow, it's cool you worked that out 🤣
:rave:
Original post by barror1
~Welcome to midnight thoughts with Barror 6(7)/9/19~
Oh look, it's almost 12AM. Join me, won't you? :moon:
I stayed up super late tonight sorting through my clothes. There is so much to go to the charity shop tomorrow! I have about 4 bin bags worth of stuff so I am going to ask around the local area to see who needs urgent donations tomorrow. Hopefully, it all goes to a place that really needs it :love:

But you are all here for the midnight ramblings! And boy, do I have one for you.

Here is how I know that my Mac will fit into my uni accommodation!
First, some backstory...
I had some money saved up at Christmas and decided to buy myself a Mac, with the intention to use it for my entire academic career, regardless of how long that might be (hopefully more than 3 years of undergrad :giggle:). The only problem is when I confirmed my room at York and had a look at it...
I realised that there is a very, very low shelf over the desk. Yippee! What a pain :colonhash:
So tonight I hatched an ingenious plan...

Spoiler

I used the crop tool to create a scale of A4 paper/ plug sockets, multiplied the number the measurement of each common appliance against the number I could fit in between the desk and the shelf. It is not an exact science, but it came to around 23/24 inches!

However, this means nothing without knowing how tall my computer is. So I pulled up some schematics of the PC on Google and found that my computer is:

Spoiler

I have done it! I can get my computer into my room with only a few inches to spare. I am absolutely chuffed :crazy:

Next time on midnight ramblings, I will enjoy an ample amount of existential dread with my affectionate audience :wink::rofl:

Goodnight (or morning) everybody!

Tags:

Spoiler

that is a wonderful application of maths:smile: it's great you had a clothes clear out , you'll appreciate having less laundry and a tidier room and you're helping many charities out, i did that before i moved for uni but then i had a primark 10 minutes walk away when before it was an hour on the train so it didn't last that long:P
Such dedication, love the calculations :giggle:
As much as I wouldn't like to admit it, Maths comes in handy for these things. :lol:
I love how you fill in did the maths for how it will fit :laugh: great to hear it will!
Original post by Sinnoh
that must be satisfying to work out lol

You genuinely have no idea! I was really worried about lugging up this computer for 6 hours only to have it not fit :argh:
Original post by Lemur14
That's dedication to ensure you can fit your PC :giggle:

The mathematician approves! :adore:
Original post by nyxnko_
glad your mac will fit on your desk! :woo:

:woo:
Original post by Obolinda
Wow, it's cool you worked that out 🤣

I like to be covered for every eventuality. Really don't want to panic!

Original post by laurawatt
:rave:

:party2:
Original post by claireestelle
that is a wonderful application of maths:smile: it's great you had a clothes clear out , you'll appreciate having less laundry and a tidier room and you're helping many charities out, i did that before i moved for uni but then i had a primark 10 minutes walk away when before it was an hour on the train so it didn't last that long:P

I do not apply maths often so it was a nice change :laugh:
All of the clothes are gone to charity shops now! Both of my rooms look so much better and this is only the start of it.

Primark mens shirts/pyjamas are incredibly tempting though...
Original post by Protostar
Such dedication, love the calculations :giggle:

Original post by RazzzBerries
As much as I wouldn't like to admit it, Maths comes in handy for these things. :lol:

We both take humanities, you dont have to admit it! :wink: :rofl:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
I love how you fill in did the maths for how it will fit :laugh: great to hear it will!

Desperate times call for desperate measures :lol:
Original post by barror1
You genuinely have no idea! I was really worried about lugging up this computer for 6 hours only to have it not fit :argh:

All of the clothes are gone to charity shops now! Both of my rooms look so much better and this is only the start of it.

:rofl: PRSOM Indeed
Original post by barror1

its good to have decent pajamas for halls as they aren't always that warm.
Original post by claireestelle
its good to have decent pajamas for halls as they aren't always that warm.

I hold the firm belief that I will be exclusively living in fleeced onesies this entire semester.

:laugh:
Original post by barror1
I hold the firm belief that I will be exclusively living in fleeced onesies this entire semester.

:laugh:

great plan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending