The Student Room Group

What does this mean in a job interview?

Messaged the HR person after attending the interview about any updates since it had been 3 days and the person replied saying “we will get back to you by end of the week with an update on next steps”.
Now this is strange because the job is an entry level position and they said that they’ll be only one stage so what does the person mean by next steps?
Reply 1
Does this mean I got rejected? Please be truthful
Reply 2
Welcome to the real word,

Job hiring takes a lot longer than 3 days and you can expect to wait a lot longer. They said they will get back to you by the end of the week, so they'll probably get back to you at the end of the week? Why are you reading too much into it? Businesses do look at more than one candiate so are looking to get the best one.

Next steps, in the terms of actually being accepted, filling in contracts sending details over etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Josh279
Welcome to the real word,

Job hiring takes a lot longer than 3 days and you can expect to wait a lot longer. They said they will get back to you by the end of the week, so they'll probably get back to you at the end of the week? Why are you reading too much into it? Businesses do look at more than one candiate so are looking to get the best one.

Next steps, in the terms of actually being accepted, filling in contracts sending details over etc.

So is this positive? Surely she wouldn’t say “update on next steps” if I was going to get rejected?
Reply 4
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
So is this positive? Surely she wouldn’t say “update on next steps” if I was going to get rejected?

Ha ha oh no that’s what they want you to think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending