The Student Room Group

guys ONLY answer please.

What would be a reason for a guy to take long to reply?- don't give me ''oh hes busy'' bullsh*t because I know hes not. He's online all the time. He seemed quite interested at first and gave quick replies but now he takes roughly 3 to 4 days- i'm 20 and he's 21 and we chat through fb

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What would be a reason for a guy to take long to reply?- don't give me ''oh hes busy'' bullsh*t because I know hes not. He's online all the time. He seemed quite interested at first and gave quick replies but now he takes roughly 3 to 4 days- i'm 20 and he's 21 and we chat through fb

not interested

or trying to make you wait so you like him - oldest trick in the book

more likely to be the first
Lol I can't believe people still chat on FB.
Reply 3
Original post by Old Town Road
Lol I can't believe people still chat on FB.

we chat through fb and instagram...
It's one of two extremes.

Either he's very disinterested in you to the point where you barely register as a friend, if at all. Or, he's a smart one and wants to tie you to a bed and do unspeakable things to you.

Sometime he may not be bothered
sometimes I see a message, didn't respond right away and just forgot about it
we chat through fb and instagram...

Well as a guy I can usually tell when a girl is desperate and really wants my attention. And it's a turn off.
Reply 8
It's one of two extremes.

Either he's very disinterested in you to the point where you barely register as a friend, if at all. Or, he's a smart one and wants to tie you to a bed and do unspeakable things to you.

I highly doubt its the second one :wink: but the first part made me sad :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by Old Town Road
Well as a guy I can usually tell when a girl is desperate and really wants my attention. And it's a turn off.

how so? you mean like if she replies quick??
Maybe he is too lazy to reply :biggrin:
Original post by Petrol_Head-94
Maybe he is too lazy to reply :biggrin:

Doubt it since hes online 24/7
I'm not a guy, but the guys who reply really quick at first, but then start taking hours or a day to reply, are the ones you need to drop asap
Doubt it since hes online 24/7

Has his semester started at uni?
Reply 14
big f in da chat
Original post by SlightlySummer
I'm not a guy, but the guys who reply really quick at first, but then start taking hours or a day to reply, are the ones you need to drop asap

But i didnt do anything wrong to him, everything was going great :confused:
I highly doubt its the second one :wink: but the first part made me sad :s-smilie:

You never know, personally I'm leaning on the second one since it sounds like something I'd do. Plus if 4 days have passed and I'm completely disinterested in you, I won't bother ever replying at that point.
Original post by SlightlySummer

Probably should if you know they actually have time to talk, could well be that they did happen to have more time beforehand but if it's the former then they're doing it cause it's most likely a hint that they don't really enjoy talking to you. Not a great start to a potential relationship.
Original post by Petrol_Head-94
Has his semester started at uni?

no not yet
Oh he's busy.

Quick Reply