The Student Room Group

Anti-semitic Congresswoman faces divorce after cheating on her husband

Rep. Ilhan Omar’s marriage appears to be headed for the rocks, a longtime friend of the couple told The Post.

The congresswoman’s husband, Ahmed Hirsi, the source said, is poised to file for divorce after the revelation in a bombshell court filing that she allegedly had an affair with DC political consultant Tim Mynett.

The Minnesota congresswoman and her husband allegedly separated in March, and Omar asked Hirsi to divorce her around that time because she didn’t want to file the papers but Hirsi refused, telling her if she wanted a divorce she should do it herself, said the source, who has known both parties for 20 years.

The husband allegedly changed his mind after Tim Mynett’s wife last week filed bombshell divorce papers claiming her spouse was having an affair with the Somali-born US representative with Hirsi said to be angry he had been made to look the fool by the allegations of an extramarital affair.

“I’m surprised he hasn’t filed already,” the source told The Post, adding that Hirsi was “very confused” in the wake of the bombshell allegations but still loved his wife and was reluctant to expose their three children to a public divorce battle.

The freshman congresswoman, 37, insisted she and Hirsi, 39, were still together and denied the charge she was dating Mynett in an interview with CBS affiliate WCCO on the day of the Aug. 27 report.

But the pair have been living apart since March around the same time she was spotted having dinner with Mynett at a California restaurant with Omar moving into a luxury condo in downtown Minneapolis and their split an “open secret” in town, the source said.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/03/rep-ilhan-omars-husband-wants-divorce-after-affair-bombshell-source/amp/

She claims to be a muslim, and uses that fact to justify attacks on Israel and Jews. And yet she is evidently not a good muslim at all, cheating on her husband, and with a non-muslim white man at that.

Scroll to see replies

What a naughty, naughty hijabi. She really has been halal in the streets but super duper haram under the sheets :colone:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What a naughty, naughty hijabi. She really has been halal in the streets but super duper haram under the sheets :colone:

I really should not have laughed at this.
Let us hope there weren't four witnesses.
Original post by Glaz
I really should not have laughed at this.

i laughed
Of course the media won't cover this. Just think for a second if this had been a republican congresswoman. Absolute scenes
Original post by jamal tyrone 2
Of course the media won't cover this.

To be fair, it is in the US news media (and nobody else is interested). The OP's link is to the New York Post.
Original post by Good bloke
To be fair, it is in the US news media (and nobody else is interested). The OP's link is to the New York Post.

pretty sure people would be interested if it was a popular republican in her position. or am I wrong?
Original post by Leviathan1611
pretty sure people would be interested if it was a popular republican in her position. or am I wrong?

In Britain? No. Is there a popular Republican, anyway?
In Britain? No. Is there a popular Republican, anyway?

ah, guess I've been on twitter too much, nevermind.
Original post by Leviathan1611
ah, guess I've been on twitter too much, nevermind.

I have never used Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or anything like that. They rot your brain, steal your data, lay you open to security breaches and waste your time.
Fox news and the New York Post, perhaps but most will body swerve it. Having said that the right wing MSM do the same when it is republican. The difference being the left are waaaaay more represented in the media so get to manipulate by omissions a lot more effectively than the right.

Haha btw.
"Halal in the Streets
Haram in the sheets "
I havent heard that one before, I'll have to remember that.😁
(edited 4 years ago)

Yeah,my point is that this has been barely covered at all by the US media.
Reply 13
Yeah,my point is that this has been barely covered at all by the US media.

In fairness its not exactly very interesting. Adultery is a touch passe.
Original post by Napp

While that may be true, this is someone who gets considerable media attention every time she opens her mouth.

Also, while adultery maybe be fairly small, when I first heard about this story there was also suspicion that she’d be illegitimately flying her boyfriend around with her. Even if not, she broke the rules on expensing and that seems worthy of media attention but it’s America so it’s obvious how it plays out: Fox will be giving hourly updates on the story, CNN et al. will mention it once in a 15 second segment and then ignore the story.
Original post by Napp

That's not true at all. Sex sells. The fact that a well-recognized politician with three young children who has possibly violated campaign finance laws was involved, and this is anything but passe.
Reply 16
That's not true at all. Sex sells. The fact that a well-recognized politician with three young children who has possibly violated campaign finance laws was involved, and this is anything but passe.

It might well sell but it is still passé. A politico involved in a sex scandal? It’s hardly new
Original post by Napp
It might well sell but it is still passé. A politico involved in a sex scandal? It’s hardly new

So what are you suggesting. That the mainstream media didn't publicize this story about a well-known politician involved in a sex scandal because it's passe, or maybe, just maybe, because it didn't fit their agenda, as a progressive democrat was involved.

What seems more likely to you?
Oh dear. How sad /sarc
😲😲

Quick Reply