The Student Room Group

Border Force 2019

Hi, has anybody else applied with Border Force 2019? As I have just submitted my application and my status sayers, application on hold , reviewing application. I just wondered, if others have the on hold bit?
Hope to hear from someone. A bit lonely starting a new thread. Lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry it's automatic, I've been on hold at various stages of a recruitment process, and I'll be starting soon. Whatever the next stage is in your process will be sent through shortly if you met the criteria for this stage.
Thank you misstax. I think I better check my status daily, as it now just sayers reviewing application. I wasn't expecting them to look at the applications before the closing date.
Reply 3
I had an email sent saying the following

I am writing to you in regards to your recent application to join Border Force. We would like to thank you for your interest in these exciting roles and your patience whilst we review all applications that have been submitted. We are planning interviews in the near future and will contact you as soon as this information is available.
Kind regards
Not herd anything since, that was sent on the 8th of Aug
Hi Sherlock and Rhoden. Ive read on the application pack that shortlisting will be done from the 4th September and Interviews week commencing the 16th September. Hope this helps. Fiona
Reply 5
Hi Fiona thanks for your reply
Hi Rhoden, where have you applied for? And was it through the Civil Service website?
Reply 7
Heathrow and no not civil service site
Oh, ok. I don't know when your are due to hear back then. It might be worth you also applying through the Civil Service site. You have until the 31st to apply. Whats your background work wise?
Reply 9
Original post by FiFi74
Oh, ok. I don't know when your are due to hear back then. It might be worth you also applying through the Civil Service site. You have until the 31st to apply. Whats your background work wise?

Hi Fifi74 just confirm was through a job site that liked to the civil service so yes was through the civil service I have already taken the online test and all details that required I had the above email sent to me not here anything as yet but as you stated between 4th and 16th of September so will keep an eye out thanks G Rhoden
Hi all , only 1 week to go before short listing!
Guys ignore any dates given they never stick to them!
Just competing the application form - bit confused by the last personal statement which says to answer using 500 words to answer the question about making a Decision others did not like - and then says to say why you want he role no more that 1200 - is that in total?? Any help appreciated !
Original post by Gfisher631
Just competing the application form - bit confused by the last personal statement which says to answer using 500 words to answer the question about making a Decision others did not like - and then says to say why you want he role no more that 1200 - is that in total?? Any help appreciated !

Hi gfisher, hope you get this in time. It is only the 500 word part. Not the extra about experience upto 1200. As I done that. Then emailed them. They will only read the first 500 words. All the heart and soul I put into the extra as well. Good luck. Fiona
Thank you Fiona I have until midnight tonight - I don’t understand your reply completely though - sorry !
Did you separately email them your experience?
Has this worked have you got an interview
Thank you
Morning gfisher. Answer with your example of when you done something even though colleagues told you not to or didn't need to .and why you done it and the outcome. Use the star method. Situation,Task,Action, Result..But only use 500 words. Ignore the bit in faint type that sayers example 1200 words. I done both , but I didnt need too. Short listing should start tomorrow.
Original post by FiFi74
Hi gfisher, hope you get this in time. It is only the 500 word part. Not the extra about experience upto 1200. As I done that. Then emailed them. They will only read the first 500 words. All the heart and soul I put into the extra as well. Good luck. Fiona

Oh no! With my application I did the first 500 words as the example then the next 600 as my personal statment ment :/ they did not make that clear at all. Do you think I have blown this opportunity??
I'm looking at starting a career and waiting to here from this before I start applying for other jobs as very keen.
Original post by helpingworld
Oh no! With my application I did the first 500 words as the example then the next 600 as my personal statment ment :/ they did not make that clear at all. Do you think I have blown this opportunity??
I'm looking at starting a career and waiting to here from this before I start applying for other jobs as very keen.

Hi helpingworld. I am pleased it wasn't just me. Like you I had already sent my application. Then I asked in a email if that was right. The reply was, they will only be reading the 500 words. Any more in that box will not be looked at. They only want our example to that situation. Thats why the other typing was in light type .Yeah, I spent hours on it. But I think before that box there was a part for us to write down our skills. But I didn't go into great detail as I thought I would expand in that extra 700 . Lol. Where are you hoping to work?
Has anyone heard back they said they were gonna announce the shortlist on 4 Sept...
Hi , no not yet. Hopefully soon. As interviews are from the 16th. Where have you applied for?

Quick Reply