The Student Room Group

Police Now Graduate Scheme 2020

Hello all, I've just submitted an application for this years intake and thought I'd set up a discussion for this years intake.

Scroll to see replies

Also just submitted my application, would be great to discuss further here.
Hi Sadiq. Hope your well. Good to know someone else has applied. I have chosen north yorkshire. How about you?
Hi I have applied too
Hello!
I’ve also applied and I got my invitation this morning to do the online assessment. Has anyone got any tips on how to do this?
Hey well done! I'm still waiting to be invited to do the test. From looking at the website its in 2 parts. First is a series of questions about your style of work and second is scenarios and video assessment of your responses to situations. https://www.policenow.org.uk/how-to-apply-for-police/online-assessment/ this will help give an understanding of it.
Reply 6
Hi guys, I’ve just done the test! Some tips are just make sure you leave more than 60mins, took me a while and make sure you can film on whatever decide you use to do it! Was pretty testing
Interesting. I need to invest in a mic, so I can do the video part of the test. I have an in built camera on my laptop.
Reply 8
Original post by Wh1tewolf1829
Interesting. I need to invest in a mic, so I can do the video part of the test. I have an in built camera on my laptop.

I did it fine on my phone if you could use yours?
(Original post by Sjw722)Hi guys, I’ve just done the test! Some tips are just make sure you leave more than 60mins, took me a while and make sure you can film on whatever decide you use to do it! Was pretty testing

Original post by Sjw722
Hi guys, I’ve just done the test! Some tips are just make sure you leave more than 60mins, took me a while and make sure you can film on whatever decide you use to do it! Was pretty testing

Hey! Do you have any tips for the questions themselves? What sort of things were they asking and how was the video questions?
Just got my invite this morning! Will probably get on with it tomorrow as have more time
I completed my online assessment yesterday! It definitely takes more that 60 minutes so be prepared
Ah k. Glad ive held off till tomorrow then. What did you use to complete it? Your phone?
What type of questions did they ask? For the video one especially I have mine to do soon want to be prepared as possible
Hi, I'm at the video stage etc. Has the maths test been scrapped? it doesn't list it as part of the assessment centre process like last year ? I hope so, I'm terrible at maths.
Hi I just completed mine. The video's are not that bad really, just give it your best and be yourself. There is no maths, only what they have said on the website. So good news
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wh1tewolf1829
Hi I just completed mine. The video's are not that bad really, just give it your best and be yourself. There is no maths, only what they have said on the website. So good news

I am doing mine tomorrow, what should I research for it specifically?
Original post by Wayne brewer
I am doing mine tomorrow, what should I research for it specifically?

Just finished mine! I'm sure the questions will not be exactly the same but I recommend refreshing on what the Police Now scheme is all about and the goal of the scheme(i.e. increased community relations).
Most of the questions are competency based / do not require specific knowledge about the police but I can guarantee there will be a question based on the Police Now objectives/process.
Original post by GraduatedAF97
Just finished mine! I'm sure the questions will not be exactly the same but I recommend refreshing on what the Police Now scheme is all about and the goal of the scheme(i.e. increased community relations).
Most of the questions are competency based / do not require specific knowledge about the police but I can guarantee there will be a question based on the Police Now objectives/process.

Cheers i thought it would be stuff like that just making sure, how do you think it went?
Original post by Wayne brewer
Cheers i thought it would be stuff like that just making sure, how do you think it went?

I thought it went really well! The key is to act natural and just pretend you're responding to a physical person - show some charisma. I only had three video questions though, the rest of the responses were either hand typed or manually selected. The waiting game begins :/ ... Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest