The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Remark 2019

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got their Edexcel remark result a back? I got 107 marks and it was 108 for the the 6.
Reply 41
Original post by KatieM1834
I was 3 marks off a 4 in my gsce maths and the school sent it for remark. Does anyone if there is a chance I could get the 4 needed so I don't have to resist. Is there any chance? Has anyone been in this situation and been successful? Thanks

Did u hear back yet? Iv still not heard
i sent mine priority on 22nd August and I’ve still not received it lol
Reply 43
Original post by lauren2451
i sent mine priority on 22nd August and I’ve still not received it lol

Aw no way 🙈 Iv no chance of hearing soon then lol as I only send mine on the 27th
Original post by Ymf
Aw no way 🙈 Iv no chance of hearing soon then lol as I only send mine on the 27th

ooof it’s so annoying. my university place depends on it and i’m suppose to be starting in a couple weeks 😂
Reply 45
ooof it’s so annoying. my university place depends on it and i’m suppose to be starting in a couple weeks 😂

Aw no way really hope you get it 🤞🤞 my uni is accepting my essential skills as equivalent thankfully but I still would rather have it for when it comes to jobs as I’m sure the person with the actual gcse will be the job before me.
Original post by .unknown
I was 4 Marks away from getting 100% in maths should I get it remarked? 🤔

lol i got full marks
Original post by GuruOfMaths
lol i got full marks

oh my god huge congrats!! that’s so cool
I was 11 marks of a 6 should I remark
Reply 49
Original post by IsMo987
I was 11 marks of a 6 should I remark

It wouldn’t be impossible to go up. If you have the money, it might be worth a shot
Reply 50
Anyone else still waiting 🤔
Original post by Ymf
Anyone else still waiting 🤔

i’m still waiting. it says within 15 days for priority and today is the 15th day. not heard anything??
Reply 52
i’m still waiting. it says within 15 days for priority and today is the 15th day. not heard anything??

My college told me ten days and it’s ten today lol x
Reply 53
Mine just came back this afternoon as no change but it says it’s a clerical re check is that the same as remark as that’s what I requested from
My college. Anyway no luck for me and I only needed one mark 🙈 good luck x
Reply 54
Maths is a bad subject to send for a remark, as if it’s wrong, it’s wrong. It’s not like English or history whether its essays and greater variance and opinion by the examiner.
Mine can back within 5 days, it was unchanged. I was 1 mark off a 6 . My school are putting an appeal in as they believe there is at least another extra mark on the paper for method.
Reply 56
Original post by Bubble6305
Mine can back within 5 days, it was unchanged. I was 1 mark off a 6 . My school are putting an appeal in as they believe there is at least another extra mark on the paper for method.

Aw I hope you get it good luck! Do you know if a clerical re check is the same thing as a re mark?
Just waiting for our sons Maths GCSE remark to come back. 2 Mark's of a 4 so fingers crossed. Will post feedback once we have the results.
Reply 58
Original post by Ymf
Do you know if a clerical re check is the same thing as a re mark?

A clerical recheck is literally just them making sure they counted your marks up properly. A ‘review of marking’ is where you get two examiners to go through your papers and award new marks where possible. Clerical recheckers can’t do this, they can only count the marks to ensure none were missed during grading.
Reply 59
Original post by tgei
A clerical recheck is literally just them making sure they counted your marks up properly. A ‘review of marking’ is where you get two examiners to go through your papers and award new marks where possible. Clerical recheckers can’t do this, they can only count the marks to ensure none were missed during grading.

Thanks so much for this! I’m so anoyed at this as I was under the impression it was being remarked it even says that on my receipt from the college. I totally get my mark could have went up or down but I wouldn’t have paid the £30 for someone to add up the marks again!

Quick Reply

Latest