The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Transferring after a foundation degree

I am currently studying psychology at a foundation degree in a university, can I transfer to a different uni such as university of westminister after I finish this foundation degree
Original post by Psychologymaster
I am currently studying psychology at a foundation degree in a university, can I transfer to a different uni such as university of westminister after I finish this foundation degree

You should talk to uni of westminster admissions to see if they will consider you and what sort of scores they expect. Have you checked if they offer a top up.
They might offer to start you in year 2 if they dont do 3rd year transfers.
I assumed you meant foundation degree and not foundation year.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
You can transfer but many many much better unis, even RG ones, accept them. Personally, I wouldn’t transfer into Westminster, it seems like something you’d transfer from. Try getting really high results in your foundation year and aim for something better. Even uni Of York,Sheffield, KCL accept transfers, regardless of a Level results. :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
You should talk to uni of westminster admissions to see if they will consider you and what sort of scores they expect. Have you checked if they offer a top up.
They might offer to start you in year 2 if they dont do 3rd year transfers.
I assumed you meant foundation degree and not foundation year.

No sorry I meant foundation year, I’m doing a foundation year currently at university of wolverhampton and I really would like to complete the rest of the degree ( after the foundation year) at Westminster
N

Original post by OR321
You can transfer but many many much better unis, even RG ones, accept them. Personally, I wouldn’t transfer into Westminster, it seems like something you’d transfer from. Try getting really high results in your foundation year and aim for something better. Even uni Of York,Sheffield, KCL accept transfers, regardless of a Level results.

How would I transfer after my foundation year tho thru ucas?
N

How would I transfer after my foundation year tho thru ucas?

First ask the uni you want to transfer to, whether they’d actually potentially accept you. Then basically you apply normally through ucas but with point entry 1/2? You may have to double check the point entry. They’ll ask your percentage in each module up to date and your predicted for the rest. The normal deadline applies- so January 15 2020
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by OR321
First ask the uni you want to transfer to, whether they’d actually potentially accept you. Then basically you apply normally through ucas but with point entry 1/2? You may have to double check the point entry. They’ll ask your percentage in each module up to date and your predicted for the rest. The normal deadline applies- so January 15 2020

Thank you so much for the help, I also have another question would I have to create a new ucas application?
Thank you so much for the help, I also have another question would I have to create a new ucas application?

Yes you would

Hi there

We do accept transfers into Year 1 and Year 2 for our Psychology BSc at the University. Please make an application online through UCAS. You will need to pass your Foundation Year with 55-60% overall. You'll also need GCSE Maths and English grade 4 or above.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending