The Student Room Group

help! psychology or goegraphy?

hello, i have started year 12 and today was my first psychology lesson, if i am honest the pace was a little fast and i am starting to doubt my choice for psychology. i have been interested in goegraphy but im not too sure if i should change to geography or just continue with psychology and hope it gets better over time. i really want to make the decision now before its too lte and i have a lot to catch up on. has anyone done psychology and geography and if so how is it like???
thank you
(edited 4 years ago)
What do you want to do in the future and what are your other subjects? Also, compared to psychology, biology is definitely much harder but if you enjoy biology as a subject more then that wouldn’t matter much.
Reply 2
Original post by AmnaS4387
What do you want to do in the future and what are your other subjects? Also, compared to psychology, biology is definitely much harder but if you enjoy biology as a subject more then that wouldn’t matter much.

hello, i have changed my mind again in regards to what subject i want to take, i have an interest in taking geography i dont really know why i said biology but geography is what i mean sorry. i took geography at gcse and i did okay but i heard a level is much different. i went and spoke to the exams administrator person at school and they said i could take it if i wanted to and that it wouldn't clash with my other subjects. i also checked the exam papers and the questions and topics seem interesting to study and i am willing to put the work in to get a good grade. the thing is i like psychology and the content is interesting but its an essay based subject and i don't feel too confident with it. please can someone help me decide on what to do. :frown:
Original post by aesthetic21
hello, i have changed my mind again in regards to what subject i want to take, i have an interest in taking geography i dont really know why i said biology but geography is what i mean sorry. i took geography at gcse and i did okay but i heard a level is much different. i went and spoke to the exams administrator person at school and they said i could take it if i wanted to and that it wouldn't clash with my other subjects. i also checked the exam papers and the questions and topics seem interesting to study and i am willing to put the work in to get a good grade. the thing is i like psychology and the content is interesting but its an essay based subject and i don't feel too confident with it. please can someone help me decide on what to do. :frown:

It is essay based, but it’s not TOO essay-based, like History or literature. it’s rote learning and then writing a little bit.... so it’s not that difficult at all, especially if you have experience with memorising things like that. Geography is facilitating, especially if u want to do that in the future. You still haven’t told me what your other subjects are :smile: Then I’d suggest either Psych or Geog, or maybe even both. For now, if you like Geograpjy more, it’s definitely a better choice! In terms of credits and even in terms of how well you’ll do, since you like it.
Reply 4
Original post by AmnaS4387
It is essay based, but it’s not TOO essay-based, like History or literature. it’s rote learning and then writing a little bit.... so it’s not that difficult at all, especially if you have experience with memorising things like that. Geography is facilitating, especially if u want to do that in the future. You still haven’t told me what your other subjects are :smile: Then I’d suggest either Psych or Geog, or maybe even both. For now, if you like Geograpjy more, it’s definitely a better choice! In terms of credits and even in terms of how well you’ll do, since you like it.

thank you so much for replying, i have now decided to continue with psychology and i did more research on the papers and the questions do seem to be relatively okay if i revise and memorise the content. i am doing physics and economics as well and hopefully go into maybe civil engineering or architecture at uni. thank you for replying!!! :smile: (now that i look back at this post i was just having a meltdown over the subjects i had chosen and was just doubting myself again even though i was sure that i had made the right choice in the first place)
Original post by aesthetic21
thank you so much for replying, i have now decided to continue with psychology and i did more research on the papers and the questions do seem to be relatively okay if i revise and memorise the content. i am doing physics and economics as well and hopefully go into maybe civil engineering or architecture at uni. thank you for replying!!! :smile: (now that i look back at this post i was just having a meltdown over the subjects i had chosen and was just doubting myself again even though i was sure that i had made the right choice in the first place)

No problem at all! I like your combination. I take Economics and Psychology too :smile: But instead of Physics, I take Literature. Glad I could help.

Quick Reply

Latest