The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, would 655 band 1 be enough to get an interview @ KCL? I’ve just received my A level grades of 3A*s & an A in EPQ aswell. I’m not sure if my UCAT is high enough tho
Is it a bad idea for me to apply to kings given thay it’s such a competitive med school? I’m not sure if it’s a good idea given that I’m already putting down oxford along with cardiff and bristol
Reply 42
Original post by Meduser
Hey guys, would 655 band 1 be enough to get an interview @ KCL? I’ve just received my A level grades of 3A*s & an A in EPQ aswell. I’m not sure if my UCAT is high enough tho

Kings use UCAT 50% and GCSEs 50%, so would depend on your GCSEs. 650 is usually the lowest score interviewed if someone has excellent GCSEs
Original post by GANFYD
Kings use UCAT 50% and GCSEs 50%, so would depend on your GCSEs. 650 is usually the lowest score interviewed if someone has excellent GCSEs

Ah okay, I thought kings took a more holistic approach? Where did you find out that they do 50:50 GCSES:u:CAT? Thanks :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Meduser
Ah okay, I thought kings took a more holistic approach? Where did you find out that they do 50:50 GCSES:u:CAT? Thanks :smile:

FOIs
The 50% UCAT includes 5% for SJT (zero for B3 and B4). GCSEs are primarily number of A*s but include As if contextual
Original post by GANFYD
FOIs
The 50% UCAT includes 5% for SJT (zero for B3 and B4). GCSEs are primarily number of A*s but include As if contextual

Thank you!
I’m an international student; got ucat 700 SJ band 3. I got all A* in my 8 ICGSE subjects. Any idea how King’s score SJ banding in shortlisting ?
Reply 47
Original post by southlondonmedic
Hey guys,

I've just finished my 3rd year at KCL for Medicine. feel free to AMA about the course, uni or London!

Hi, I am planning to apply to Kings college. I am taking a French baccalaureate which is completely different from other international exams and so accepted rarely on its own by med schools. I was therefore wondering if you knew some French students over there. Also, would you mind telling us about what you prefered at Kings compared to other schools? :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by yui2002
Hi, I am planning to apply to Kings college. I am taking a French baccalaureate which is completely different from other international exams and so accepted rarely on its own by med schools. I was therefore wondering if you knew some French students over there. Also, would you mind telling us about what you prefered at Kings compared to other schools? :smile:

@arigziegler can you offer any advice, please?
Original post by yui2002

PM me. I’m French and starting med at Kings in 10days😊
Reply 50
Original post by arigziegler
PM me. I’m French and starting med at Kings in 10days😊

So excited for you! :dance:
Original post by GANFYD
FOIs

Hi GANFYD, would you be able to paste the info (or link) of that FOIs here? I would love to read it. Really hope to get an interview by KCL.

Thanks.
Original post by GANFYD
So excited for you! :dance:

So am I :smile: and it's partly thanks to you!
Listen to @GANFYD kids, she know's what she's talking about :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 53
Original post by arigziegler
So am I :smile: and it's partly thanks to you!
Listen to @GANFYD kids, she know's what she's talking about :colondollar:

Spoiler

Aww, thanks, but all the hard work is down to you and your place is well-deserved.

Spoiler

Reply 54
Hi @GANFYD, would appreciate your advice whether you think it’s worth applying to KCL with UCAT score 640 Band 2, with 3 A* A levels grades? Or it’s a waste of option if chances of acceptance are slim? Thank you
Hey. So I did my ucat- got 633 avg with band 1 (okay not great). However, considering I got 12 A* at gcse, 4 A's at As (99% UMS AVG) and I'm predicted 4 A*, could I stand a chance? I know I should apply to my strengths but I really want to go here!! I'm going to apply to Cardiff, Liverpool and Manchester (via holistic route), is kings worth the risk? Should I email them to ask?
Reply 56
Original post by Anna191817
Hey. So I did my ucat- got 633 avg with band 1 (okay not great). However, considering I got 12 A* at gcse, 4 A's at As (99% UMS AVG) and I'm predicted 4 A*, could I stand a chance? I know I should apply to my strengths but I really want to go here!! I'm going to apply to Cardiff, Liverpool and Manchester (via holistic route), is kings worth the risk? Should I email them to ask?

The lowest score to achieve interviews in recent years has been 640 to 650. Presumably these people achieved full marks for GCSEs and possibly had points added for WA flags as well. I would’ve thought Kings was too risky
Last year i got an interview at Kings with 3A* 6A and 700 Band 1, so if anyone has low(ish) GCSE's, a decent UCAT can make up for it :smile:
I want to study dentistry at King's but my UCAT is 637.5 band 2. I got all 9s at at GCSE so would that mean there is still a chance that I could get an interview?
Reply 59
Hey guys! I really want to apply to medicine at Kings, and need advice if I should apply, given that I have AAA predictions, 680 score in UCAT, 7A* and 2* at IGCSE. i know how competitive it is, so please answer this questions if you have time.

Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending