The Student Room Group

I told my crush i liked them but...

On the last day of school (last year) I told my straight friend (I'm gay) that I was gay and I had a crush on her, and she said that it's fine and we would still be friends. I didn't see her in the holidays. But since I've been back to School She's been acting a bit distant and has hardly spoke to me, but comes up to me and my friends and talks to them as though she's purposely ignoring me. I don't know if I'm being extremely paranoid, or if I've genuinely made her feel awkward. I still want to be friends with her and I don't even have a crush on her anymore, I need advice what do I do? I want things to go back to normal, I miss our old relationship.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
On the last day of school (last year) I told my straight friend (I'm gay) that I was gay and I had a crush on her, and she said that it's fine and we would still be friends. I didn't see her in the holidays. But since I've been back to School She's been acting a bit distant and has hardly spoke to me, but comes up to me and my friends and talks to them as though she's purposely ignoring me. I don't know if I'm being extremely paranoid, or if I've genuinely made her feel awkward. I still want to be friends with her and I don't even have a crush on her anymore, I need advice what do I do? I want things to go back to normal, I miss our old relationship.

ask her and confrnt her straight up why are u acting weird
be honest and tell her that u dont like her anymore
ask if its ok for u guys to be back
Just give it time
Reply 3
ask her and confrnt her straight up why are u acting weird
be honest and tell her that u dont like her anymore
ask if its ok for u guys to be back

I was thinking bout asking her but i dont want her to feel more awkward and what if she gets offended
Reply 4
Original post by holly6901
Just give it time

I'm not very patient with these situations
I was thinking bout asking her but i dont want her to feel more awkward and what if she gets offended

try to talk to her normally
if things didnt get better, u have to ask her then
Reply 6
Well, she not gay. Also, she is probably still shocked that you just confessed to loving your straight friend.
Reply 7
Original post by Seris
Well, she not gay. Also, she is probably still shocked that you just confessed to loving your straight friend.

I told her almost 2months ago i don't think she's still shocked
Reply 8
try to talk to her normally
if things didnt get better, u have to ask her then

Yh i think that might be better than just straight up asking her, but i don't know what to talk to her about
Reply 9
Ok, then what I will say is. Try and talk to her to clear the air.
Yh i think that might be better than just straight up asking her, but i don't know what to talk to her about

"hi hru how is school, how was yr summer
Original post by Seris
Ok, then what I will say is. Try and talk to her to clear the air.

i don't think she's gonna want to talk to me
"hi hru how is school, how was yr summer

My anxiety is getting worse just thinking about how that conversation is gonna end
Reply 13
Well how do you know she does not want to talk if you have not attempt to talk to her first to clear the air.
I am sorry to hear this.
I myself am in a similar situation however with me I am thinking of whether to tell her!

How old are you? :smile:
I am sorry to hear this.
I myself am in a similar situation however with me I am thinking of whether to tell her!

How old are you? :smile:

almost 16 wbu
almost 16 wbu

19. I would speak to your friend, maybe text her and tell her that you just wanted to be honest with her and they you hope things can still be like they were before. X
19. I would speak to your friend, maybe text her and tell her that you just wanted to be honest with her and they you hope things can still be like they were before. X

I think I might tell her in person, honestly I wish I never told her in the first place
I think I might tell her in person, honestly I wish I never told her in the first place

Hmmm. I am planning to tell my crush (she is gay too like me) but I am in the closet and she is married lol!
I wanted to just be honest with her and tell her that I still do have a crush on her! (Even though we are not the same age).
Do you think I should tell her over text or just leave it?
Original post by Seris
Well how do you know she does not want to talk if you have not attempt to talk to her first to clear the air.

I guess ur right but she hasn't been talking to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending