The Student Room Group

I told my crush i liked them but...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I guess ur right but she hasn't been talking to me

Yeah it’s probably because she feels uncomfortable around you
Reply 21
If that's the case just find a new friend. She must not want a friendship with you anymore as sad as that sounds.
Original post by Seris
If that's the case just find a new friend. She must not want a friendship with you anymore as sad as that sounds.

i have other friends but it's still awkward when we're near each other
Reply 23
sounds like it might be best just to leave it and let the cards fall where the may
Original post by Stefanidi
Yeah it’s probably because she feels uncomfortable around you

So do i tell her i don't like her anymore or will that make it worse somehow
Reply 25
You should be fine. Don't let it bother you to much.
My anxiety is getting worse just thinking about how that conversation is gonna end

just go and sit with her during recess
So do i tell her i don't like her anymore or will that make it worse somehow

Yeah. I can imagine she’s weirded out by it. Tbh you *may* have lost some of the friendship you used to have as she probably did not expect it at all and will think of you in a different way now
Original post by Stefanidi
Yeah. I can imagine she’s weirded out by it. Tbh you *may* have lost some of the friendship you used to have as she probably did not expect it at all and will think of you in a different way now

So do i just avoid her at all costs
just go and sit with her during recess

that'll take something which i don't have, confidence
that'll take something which i don't have, confidence

im sorry but thats the only way
On the last day of school (last year) I told my straight friend (I'm gay) that I was gay and I had a crush on her, and she said that it's fine and we would still be friends. I didn't see her in the holidays. But since I've been back to School She's been acting a bit distant and has hardly spoke to me, but comes up to me and my friends and talks to them as though she's purposely ignoring me. I don't know if I'm being extremely paranoid, or if I've genuinely made her feel awkward. I still want to be friends with her and I don't even have a crush on her anymore, I need advice what do I do? I want things to go back to normal, I miss our old relationship.

She was probably overwhelmed and is scared of hanging out with you too much because she thinks you’re going to catch more feelings. She doesn’t want to hurt you so she thinks keeping distance is the best thing to do until you lose feelings for her.
Original post by retajalshafeii
She was probably overwhelmed and is scared of hanging out with you too much because she thinks you’re going to catch more feelings. She doesn’t want to hurt you so she thinks keeping distance is the best thing to do until you lose feelings for her.

I guess that's true ok i'm just gonna tell her that those feelings aren' there any more
they could be considerate and distant themselves from you so your emotions fade and lessen the pain of heartbreak , but i believe she should've told you beforehand
Original post by Matt1778
they could be considerate and distant themselves from you so your emotions fade and lessen the pain of heartbreak , but i believe she should've told you beforehand

i suppose that's true ughhhhh i hate myself for opening my big mouth in the first place
I think you should go to her and tell her straight (cause she can't ignore you when you're in front of her face) and tell her that you sensed her acting weird in the past few days/weeks and that as the time has passed, your feelings passed too but that you still miss her and want to keep her as a friend.

I feel like a proper conversation would clear things up between you otherwise you might never know what the real reason for her ignoring you was. And if that still didnt change things i guess you just have to move on ://

Hope you will sort things out with her!
I think you should go to her and tell her straight (cause she can't ignore you when you're in front of her face) and tell her that you sensed her acting weird in the past few days/weeks and that as the time has passed, your feelings passed too but that you still miss her and want to keep her as a friend.

I feel like a proper conversation would clear things up between you otherwise you might never know what the real reason for her ignoring you was. And if that still didnt change things i guess you just have to move on ://

Hope you will sort things out with her!

yh imma tell her first thing monday i hope so too
Give it time don't overbear her pretend you don't care, then when you feel like the time is right maybe just pull her to the side and ask for a quick chat when you two are alone, and just talk it all out you can't go wrong from that. Just explain to her how you feel and that you don't like her, how you want things to go back to how they were and then wait for her to speak from her point of view, and be understanding, and yeah you should be fine, its just a matter on how you approach the situation make it less awkward as you possibly can, and no harm would come. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Give it time don't overbear her pretend you don't care, then when you feel like the time is right maybe just pull her to the side and ask for a quick chat when you two are alone, and just talk it all out you can't go wrong from that. Just explain to her how you feel and that you don't like her, how you want things to go back to how they were and then wait for her to speak from her point of view, and be understanding, and yeah you should be fine, its just a matter on how you approach the situation make it less awkward as you possibly can, and no harm would come. Hope this helps :smile:

thankss so much i think i might leave it another week or 2 before i talk to her
thankss so much i think i might leave it another week or 2 before i talk to her

that's perfect yeahhh that's a good reasonable amount of time for her to like settle in w being back at school, and who knows she might approach you first.... but yeah that's a good time you don't wanna seem overbearing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending