The Student Room Group

CoffeeAndPolitics: The Journey to Achieving a 1st Class Degree - Year 1 (2019 - 2020)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Friday 6th September 2019: Blog Update #2

I'm going to keep this update very brief since I don't have a lot to update you guys on about. This is take two of writing this update as I've stupidly closed the tab by accident. :mad:

University Timetable:

As you can see above, Mondays and Tuesdays are rather hectic at university since I have lectures from the late afternoon until the evening and the odd seminar thrown in as well. It's not too bad as I do have gaps between all of those lectures and seminars so I have time to eat lunch, re-write my lecture notes and/or prepare for my next lecture/seminar. On Wednesdays I have nothing in terms lectures and seminars so for my first week of lectures and seminars, I'll be spending some of this time re-writing my lecture notes, preparing for my next lecture/seminar and doing the necessary reading if there's any. Since I'll be signing up for a couple of societies, I should be kept relatively busy and not bored asf :biggrin: so I'll always have something to do and can maintain a steady work/life balance. From my second week of lectures and seminars and onwards, I'm going to spend Wednesdays doing just that but I'll leave dedicated study slots for catching up on work (something I should've done at GCSE and A-Level) which will be good practice since I usually have work that I need to do which I've fallen slightly behind on. If I don't do that, I'll just end up stressing and being stressed which isn't great and having this opportunity in mid week sounds sensible. As for Fridays, it will be similar to what I'm doing on Wednesdays except that I won't be leaving dedicated study slots for catching up on work as I'll be reviewing all of the stuff from Thursday's seminar and will leave more dedicated study slots for catching up on work should I need them.

Moving-In Preparations: Not much progress since last Friday but I've successfully got the train tickets I booked by accident refunded with LNER albeit they had to take a £10 administration fee from my original ticket cost and signed up for a Morrisons More card and activated the student discount (you have to verify this with your university email). The latter would be great since apparently I can save 10% on my weekly shop and I get a £5 voucher for every 5,000 More points I collect which is great. I'll also be shopping in the new Lidl nearby when it opens as well. :smile:

On Thursday 12th September 2019 I'll get the details of my housemates and my room number which is exciting and I hope most of them are already on the group chat for our accommodation so we can get to know each other a bit before moving-in. I also hope that by then I could ask them who's bringing what for the kitchen so we don't randomly end up with something like 8 frying pans etc. lmfao. :biggrin:

Other News: I haven't received any emails from my 6th Form regarding them wanting to invite me in to give a talk to Year 13s about their UCAS application and maybe a bit about how Student Finance England (SFE) works but I'll probably drop an email to the Head of Year 13 about that before I move up to York. In addition to this, I should be getting an email from Into University regarding mentoring GCSE and A-Level students (I believe) which will be exciting and it's definitely something I'd love to do. :smile:

QFA

(Original post by CinnamonSmol)x

(Original post by nyxnko_)x

(Original post by sinnoh)x

(Original post by wolfmoon88)x

(Original post by Blue_Cow)x

(Original post by entertainmyfaith)x

(Original post by CoolCavy)x

(Original post by Jack22031994)x

(Original post by Labrador99)x

(Original post by laurawatt)x

(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)x

(Original post by SarcAndSpark)x

(Original post by emilynxlan)x

(Original post by TheYearNiner)x

(Original post by blurryleo)x

(Original post by anonymous1234)x

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)x

(Original post by SilverWater)x

(Original post by barror1)x

(Original post by Edminzodo)x

(Original post by MidnightSymphony)x

(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)x

(Original post by MajorFader)x

If you wish to be added/removed from the QFA List please comment down below to let me know. :smile:
Reply 41
QFA
Apologies if I have tagged you guys twice. Having some formatting problems with the QFA list. :frown:

Original post by CinnamonSmol
x

Original post by nyxnko_
x

Original post by sinnoh
x

Original post by wolfmoon88
x

Original post by Blue_Cow
x

Original post by entertainmyfaith
x

Original post by CoolCavy
x

Original post by Jack22031994
x

Original post by Labrador99
x

Original post by laurawatt
x

Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
x

Original post by SarcAndSpark
x

Original post by emilynxlan
x

Original post by TheYearNiner
x

Original post by blurryleo
x

Original post by anonymous1234
x

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
x

Original post by SilverWater
x

Original post by barror1
x

Original post by Edminzodo
x

Original post by MidnightSymphony
x

Original post by I AM GROOT 1
x

Original post by MajorFader
x

If you wish to be added/removed from the QFA List please comment down below to let me know. :smile:
So jealous you've got your complete timetable already! And two days off :eek:
:console: we’ve all been there you make a post but accidentally lose it :angry: so frustrating

You have your uni timetable already :eek3: lucky you!
Reply 44
Original post by Lemur14
So jealous you've got your complete timetable already! And two days off :eek:

Yeah apparently so. Someone was talking about it in the SPS (Social and Political Sciences) group chat and I was like hmmm... so I just unticked the other options and looked at my timetable and there it was. I'm going to make use of the office hours though at some stage should I need it. :smile:
I completely agree with Lemur... I've been looking at my lecture timetable and I've only got Wednesday afternoons free... (and those are meant for sports, if I'm not wrong)
Reply 46
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
:console: we’ve all been there you make a post but accidentally lose it :angry: so frustrating

You have your uni timetable already :eek3: lucky you!

Yeah I accidentally lost my post. :mad:
Reply 47
Original post by nyxnko_
I completely agree with Lemur... I've been looking at my lecture timetable and I've only got Wednesday afternoons free... (and those are meant for sports, if I'm not wrong)

Awh :frown: I guess I have it lucky then. I wonder what barror1's timetable is like for English and Linguistics. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Yeah I accidentally lost my post. :mad:

:hugs:
Reply 49
That's a weird timetable lol. But that might work well, who knows

Also the quoting on your first post didn't work since the BBcode for the orange colour is inside the user tag in the quotes - in future just stick [ color=some hex code] and on it
See you on Monday/Tuesday at 10am :wink:
Reply 51
See you on Monday/Tuesday at 10am :wink:

Haha. We'll defo see each other in our 'What is Politics?' lectures on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10am. :smile: For some reason my timetable isn't showing any seminars for said module and I'm wondering if you're experiencing the same issue.
No 9ams!! Sooooooo jealous!! I love Morrisons More, use my card all the time! Didn't know they have a student discount?! Or was that for something else :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by Protostar
No 9ams!! Sooooooo jealous!! I love Morrisons More, use my card all the time! Didn't know they have a student discount?! Or was that for something else :tongue:

Apparently so it seems haha. :biggrin: I don't currently shop at lot in Morrisons since we prefer Asda and Tesco but in York, the nearest big Tesco is still quite a trek so erm I'll end up shopping in Morrisons lol. Yes they have a student discount lol. :tongue:
Apparently so it seems haha. :biggrin: I don't currently shop at lot in Morrisons since we prefer Asda and Tesco but in York, the nearest big Tesco is still quite a trek so erm I'll end up shopping in Morrisons lol. Yes they have a student discount lol. :tongue:

I prefer Asda and Tesco too, but there's not a big Tesco for milessss in Newcastle (and I value my money :tongue:) and there's a Morrisons at the bottom of my street this year so I'll probably go a lot more! Just googled it and signed up for that :biggrin: love a discount! Oh I also meant to ask to be added to the tag list :smile:
Reply 55
I prefer Asda and Tesco too, but there's not a big Tesco for milessss in Newcastle (and I value my money :tongue:) and there's a Morrisons at the bottom of my street this year so I'll probably go a lot more! Just googled it and signed up for that :biggrin: love a discount! Oh I also meant to ask to be added to the tag list :smile:

Yeah, I do like value for money. Morrisons is the second closest supermarket near my accommodation after Waitrose and it's the cheapest between Waitrose and Sainsbury's so yeah I'll be shopping there and in the new Lidl once it opens. Will add you to the QFA list. :smile:
Yeah, I do like value for money. Morrisons is the second closest supermarket near my accommodation after Waitrose and it's the cheapest between Waitrose and Sainsbury's so yeah I'll be shopping there and in the new Lidl once it opens. Will add you to the QFA list. :smile:

Lidl bakery :drool: :drool: :drool:
Reply 57
Lidl bakery :drool: :drool: :drool:

Aye. Lidl bakery is literally :drool: :drool: :drool: x1000!!! :wink:
Haha. We'll defo see each other in our 'What is Politics?' lectures on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10am. :smile: For some reason my timetable isn't showing any seminars for said module and I'm wondering if you're experiencing the same issue.

Yeah I have no seminars atm just lectures. It's the politics/history (for me) department being slow I think. By the 12th September most things should be done I believe which is only next week omg
Reply 59
Yeah I have no seminars atm just lectures. It's the politics/history (for me) department being slow I think. By the 12th September most things should be done I believe which is only next week omg

They'll probably sort out the seminars in due course. We get our room details on the 12th September which is exciting - hopefully the people I'm living with are nice. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending