The Student Room Group

will I finish year 12 or will year 12 finish me? : a gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mpaprika
thank you!! I admit when my mum first gave me the article to read I had no idea what was going on but reading it the third time did the trick :laugh:

I need to come up with some EPQ ideas :getmecoat:
god they're the absolute worst. I'm down

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm sure you'll make a real difference and have a positive impact :yep:

awh hopefully (: all the year 7s are so scared at this point in the year bless them
Original post by laurawatt
I need to come up with some EPQ ideas :getmecoat:

what are you thinking of doing at uni?
what are you thinking of doing at uni?

Probably maths :smile:
I’ve been possibly thinking about (for epq) the music and mathematical relations to bellringing (which is my fav hobby) but I’m not sure how much I’d be able to write up about it!
Original post by laurawatt
Probably maths :smile:
I’ve been possibly thinking about (for epq) the music and mathematical relations to bellringing (which is my fav hobby) but I’m not sure how much I’d be able to write up about it!

oh wow that sounds so interesting! I'm sure there are loads of papers on that, we just need to dig deeply :facepalm: (but hey google scholar helps :biggrin:)
oh wow that sounds so interesting! I'm sure there are loads of papers on that, we just need to dig deeply :facepalm: (but hey google scholar helps :biggrin:)

Hopefully! I’ll definitely be trawling through google scholar soon!
I'm on episode 4 currently, there's so much going on ahaha. But it's a shame about Samuel ;(

yeah definitely, he deserves the world:sadnod:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
yeah definitely, he deserves the world:sadnod:

damn I've just finished episode 5 and lu and Valerio.. :cheeky: really don't want to be seeing that with my own two eyes
damn I've just finished episode 5 and lu and Valerio.. :cheeky: really don't want to be seeing that with my own two eyes

:lol: i kinda like valerio as a character ever though hes a druggie and uh yeah likes lu...
Lucky to have that many frees with all those subjects, sure you'll make good use of them

Good idea to help tutor year 7s, and good luck with the biol award!
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Lucky to have that many frees with all those subjects, sure you'll make good use of them

Good idea to help tutor year 7s, and good luck with the biol award!

thank you!! would you like to be tagged?
thank you!! would you like to be tagged?

You've already tagged me but thanks anyway
Original post by MidnightSymphony
You've already tagged me but thanks anyway

oh god have I actually? Sorry my memory is terrible, forgive me please :smile: xx
oh god have I actually? Sorry my memory is terrible, forgive me please :smile: xx

Aha dw tis fine
Update 3 ?? :doh:don't exactly have the best memory

I've finally gone back to school! Yep I've been going insane with nothing to do for the past week so I've managed to watch quite a bit of dynasty on Netflix and of course elite (also known as the best show on Netflix):dontknow:not very productive oops

I enrolled on Wednesday and took:
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
German
EPQ
all of which are WJEC :eviltongue:

The deputy head suggested I take further maths instead of German as apparently it looks better with the sciences (yeah.. no that's not happening buddy)
I also received an induction sheet for maths to work through, but I can't print it out because Moodle STILL isn't working!!!:angry:

I received my timetable yesterday and I have so many frees omg! On Tuesdays I only have 1 lesson!! I live really close to school so I literally have to show up period 4 and go home at period 5 :borat:

As for other plans, I've decided to help tutor year 7s during my frees in lessons, perhaps German or History and my mum gave me an article on Glioblastomas and their stem cells (CDK5 inhibitors) so I've been inspired to do my EPQ on that, if not I could do it on synthesising carbon structures :cool: The idea of stem cells for prosthetic growth is still on the table though.
Hopefully I can get on the youth council to aid my head girl application

ALSO: I've been nominated for an award in biology :troll:really exciting stuff. I've yet to research essay competitions and olympiads but I should do that soon, I've got a great bio teacher this year who I did my last olympiad in year 10 with.

That's it m'loves, I'll update with a to do list later :colondollar:

Amigos

Spoiler

Hey mpaprika,

I originally planned to follow alongside some of the GYG's this year, but unfortunately I'm really starting to feel the pressure with my subjects at Higher level and need to devote my full attention to my studies; as a result I have sadly put forward a request to have my tag withdrawn for the meantime. :frown: It was great following along (although your blog has only just begun) and I hope I can some time again in the future.
Original post by Strelzo
Hey mpaprika,

I originally planned to follow alongside some of the GYG's this year, but unfortunately I'm really starting to feel the pressure with my subjects at Higher level and need to devote my full attention to my studies; as a result I have sadly put forward a request to have my tag withdrawn for the meantime. :frown: It was great following along (although your blog has only just begun) and I hope I can some time again in the future.

of course! I completely understand, best of luck!! :h:
of course! I completely understand, best of luck!! :h:

Thanks, best of luck to you too. :smile:
the busiest day of this week so far :eek: so so much work to do
Good luck - you’ll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending