The Student Room Group
Original post by hwpo1
Pray Tahajjud - a voluntary prayer, prayed after Isha, and before Fajr.

Make dua for your results!

https://www.wikihow.com/Perform-the-Tahajjud-Prayer

dude its 1 am , i don't want to leave my nice warm bed
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
dude its 1 am , i don't want to leave my nice warm bed

lool. Sleep den
Original post by hwpo1
Why do atheists get so triggered when anything about Islam is mentioned on TSR?

Just chill and mind your own business loool

The public forums are not an Islamic safe space. You can always post on ISOC where you will be safe from alternative opinions.
I’m a Muslim here , prayers definitely don’t go to waste and it will ease the anxiety and stresss . The grades are done and can’t be changed unless you get it remarked . I think it’s effective to praying right after u finish ur exams because that’s when the marking begins
lmao this is petty af f*ck, live and let live! Good luck with results day everyone!
Original post by Palmyra
The public forums are not an Islamic safe space. You can always post on ISOC where you will be safe from alternative opinions.

The public forums are a place where u can express ur views , OP is not bound to ISOC only
Original post by kkllookkkk
The public forums are a place where u can express ur views , OP is not bound to ISOC only

Indeed; and that goes for us just as much as it does for OP.
Reply 8
Original post by MarimbaMofo
lmao this is petty af f*ck, live and let live! Good luck with results day everyone!

Lool init. Just wanted to give my fellow Muslims some advice, not fight with Atheists!
Original post by hwpo1
Lool init. Just wanted to give my fellow Muslims some advice, not fight with Atheists!

Don't you mean discuss? Remember the peace ..
Reply 10
Original post by rogeroxon
don't you mean discuss? Remember the peace ..

oh no roger, you got me there
Reply 11
@RogerOxon

Go sleep now babes and follow my advice! LOVE YA BABES
Reply 12
I’m a Muslim here , prayers definitely don’t go to waste and it will ease the anxiety and stresss . The grades are done and can’t be changed unless you get it remarked . I think it’s effective to praying right after u finish ur exams because that’s when the marking begins

I completely disagree. You're basically saying that Allah - the creator of the universe, cannot change a set of exam results after they have been set.
Original post by hwpo1
I completely disagree. You're basically saying that Allah - the creator of the universe, cannot change a set of exam results after they have been set.

Also, if you do miss your grades, your university could still decide to take you so praying can help despite the fact that exams have already been done.
Reply 14
Seriously guys this really isn't the time to be arguing about religion. Results come in a few hours!
Maybe muslims feel more at peace praying to god before results and this may or may not have an affect on it. This is something different people can choose to believe.
Starting a debate at this particular time when we r all filled with nervousness is really a horrible idea.
Besides the OP did say to read this only if you're muslim. Though that doesn't mean non muslims cant have opinions its just best not to mention it here and now.
Original post by hwpo1

He can't even communicate effectively, so ..

If praying calms you, go for it. It won't change the results thought. I hope that they are what everyone needs.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Palmyra
I don't see how that would help anything.

If nothing else the belief in God and the meditative nature of prayer would at least calm people down and/or improve their mood.
Original post by medical.dad
Also, if you do miss your grades, your university could still decide to take you so praying can help despite the fact that exams have already been done.

i wasnt talking about uni places, the original post was about results
i wasnt talking about uni places, the original post was about results

Results can apply to a level results, most people do a levels in order to get into uni
Original post by medical.dad
Results can apply to a level results, most people do a levels in order to get into uni

Well I didn’t have that chain of thought whilst initially replying

Latest

Trending

Trending