The Student Room Group

Right wing brexiteer thugs assault police at parliament

Wish I could say I was surprised but this behaviour seems fairly typical these days.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2019/09/brexit-supporters-fight-with-police-as-mp-quits-boris-johnson-s-cabinet.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Napp
Wish I could say I was surprised but this behaviour seems fairly typical these days.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2019/09/brexit-supporters-fight-with-police-as-mp-quits-boris-johnson-s-cabinet.html

That's why police officers should all have tasers in my opinion .
Reply 2
Original post by mgi
That's why police officers should all have tasers in my opinion .

I thought most officers were equipped with tasers these days ? (i could well be wrong there though)
With that being said i think bean bag guns might work a bit better!
This is either gonna become a thread where no one replies cause no one wants to argue or a thread with a million responds that are arguing anything and everything
Tasers are wildly inefficacious.

It's becoming more common for non-armed officers to have Taser training. Still a minority though.
The far left and far right are as bad as each other. The far left actually get away with a lot more in my opinion.
Reply 6
Original post by SCIENCE :D
The far left and far right are as bad as each other. The far left actually get away with a lot more in my opinion.

Like...? I’ve yet to hear of many ‘far left’ hooligans or terrorists in the UK. As opposed to the far right who seem to be rather active... such as murdering an MP
Original post by Napp

‘Typical’ seems an exaggeration, it’s hardly like police are being attacked by football hooligans on a daily basis
Reply 8
Original post by Napp
I thought most officers were equipped with tasers these days ? (i could well be wrong there though)
With that being said i think bean bag guns might work a bit better!

No. There is a campaign by police forces across the country for all officers to carry tasers. And in my opinion, that is fair enough!
Original post by Napp
Like...? I’ve yet to hear of many ‘far left’ hooligans or terrorists in the UK. As opposed to the far right who seem to be rather active... such as murdering an MP

antifa
trostyist

The far right aren't rather active at all in this country.
That guy that murdered an MP wasn't far right.

Finally the far left are way worse the rhetoric on that side is that normal conservatives, core power structures and ethical principles of this country are inherently bigoted and wildly oppressive to the point where they are directly causing the deaths of/physcial harm to/extreme opression akin to nazi germany towards anyone who isnt a straight white guy. And that they are freedom fighters that are morally justified to do anything to destroy these things in our society. This is insanity and just like in the US is only resulting in less gruesome violence because they just haven't got people who have enough courage yet.
Reply 10
Original post by josh75
antifa
trostyist

The far right aren't rather active at all in this country.
That guy that murdered an MP wasn't far right.

Finally the far left are way worse the rhetoric on that side is that normal conservatives, core power structures and ethical principles of this country are inherently bigoted and wildly oppressive to the point where they are directly causing the deaths of/physcial harm to/extreme opression akin to nazi germany towards anyone who isnt a straight white guy. And that they are freedom fighters that are morally justified to do anything to destroy these things in our society. This is insanity and just like in the US is only resulting in less gruesome violence because they just haven't got people who have enough courage yet.

Hardly a pressing problem in the UK.
Err the police and the government (and anyone who watches the news) would beg to differ.
Yes, yes he was.

It seems a nerve might have been touched there.
Original post by Napp

Antifa (https://assets.change.org/photos/7/jn/xa/ojjNXaXUBVsAVSz-800x450-noPad.jpg?1533402625) and Extinction Rebellion (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7260773/Bristol-man-unable-father-died-Extinction-Rebellion-protest-traffic.html) would like a word.
Reply 12

I didnt say they didnt exist i said i havent heard of them being a particular problem. Especially seeing as the first photo doesnt seem to have any context attached to it and the err 'extinction rebellion' is hardly a terror group, or hooligans for that matter. Irritants maybe but somewhat different.
Original post by Napp
Hardly a pressing problem in the UK.
Err the police and the government (and anyone who watches the news) would beg to differ.
Yes, yes he was.

It seems a nerve might have been touched there.

what do you mean these people commit violence all over the UK.
The police and government are either unwilling or politically handicapped to address the hard left because of political intersectionalism.

It seems you accept that these people are worse, and the end of the day the rhetoric from the hard right is animosity towards Islam, whereas the hard left is animosity to half if not most of the country and the core values of it. Just like in the US its just a matter of time before someone on the hard left tries to firebomb a tommy Robinson rally. The hard right has no power in this country but most of our political establishment and all most all of our media, share the core radical intesectionalist values with violent leftist.
Original post by josh75
most of our political establishment and all most all of our media, share the core radical intesectionalist values with violent leftist.

Christ on a cupcake. It worries me that we have certain effete individuals who believe this half-baked pseudo-intellectual crap. Maybe you should try spending less time in the echo chamber of certain sections of the internet and venture out the house every now and again.
Reply 15
Original post by josh75
what do you mean these people commit violence all over the UK.
The police and government are either unwilling or politically handicapped to address the hard left because of political intersectionalism.

It seems you accept that these people are worse, and the end of the day the rhetoric from the hard right is animosity towards Islam, whereas the hard left is animosity to half if not most of the country and the core values of it. Just like in the US its just a matter of time before someone on the hard left tries to firebomb a tommy Robinson rally. The hard right has no power in this country but most of our political establishment and all most all of our media, share the core radical intesectionalist values with violent leftist.

Would you kindly provide some examples to back up said claim..?
And the second claim as well for that matter.
You keep making these bizarre claims about some sort of sinister cabal between “the government and the violent hard left” once again please provide some sort of evidence for that.
As for fire bombing lenon, meh. Worse things could happen.
Original post by Napp

**** I should have saved my rep for this post
Not right wing, far right numbskulls
Original post by Napp
Would you kindly provide some examples to back up said claim..?
And the second claim as well for that matter.
You keep making these bizarre claims about some sort of sinister cabal between “the government and the violent hard left” once again please provide some sort of evidence for that.
As for fire bombing lenon, meh. Worse things could happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMZ38A9I11Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SynqYb-6bXY

Rotheram and all the other muslim rape gang scandals

Its not a sinister cabal, they follow the same doctrine of intersectionlism; you dont have to actively work together to get **** done if you have the same beliefs.

Another example of my point proven exactly you people don't actually care about human rights, you just want massive amounts of authoritarian control so that you can enforce your world view on the rest of society. What you believe is exceedingly arrogant and ridiculously unselfish aware.
Reply 19

I'm not watching youtube videos im afraid... feel free to give a cliff note summary though.

Rotheram and all the other muslim rape gang scandals

* Pakistani and what on earth does that have to do with "the left"?

Its not a sinister cabal, they follow the same doctrine of intersectionlism; you dont have to actively work together to get **** done if you have the same beliefs.

You are repeatedly inferring there is one. Never mind this crack pot conspiracy theory youre attempting to weave.

Another example of my point proven exactly you people don't actually care about human rights, you just want massive amounts of authoritarian control so that you can enforce your world view on the rest of society. What you believe is exceedingly arrogant and ridiculously unselfish aware.

Who is 'you people'? you have no idea what my politics are and you know what people say when you assume something right? I mean to be honest this entire paragraph is nonsense and simply betrays, what i can only assume, are your hard right loonatic beliefs. I cant think why else you keep barracking on about muslims and 'the left'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending