The Student Room Group

Organ Donation Awareness Week!

Scroll to see replies

I’d never donate my organs unless it’s to a close family member or friend. I’d donate a kidney to my brother for example if he were ever sick. I’d also donate any other organ if I were dead to a member of my family. But other than that, I wouldn’t donate anything and I’d rather my body rots naturally. I wouldn’t donate to anyone else because, as selfish as it sounds, they aren’t important to me in anyway so their well being isn’t any of my concern. Ik that’s selfish but tbh I don’t really care. Personally, my family/close friends’ lives are far most significant than anyone else’s and if they are all in good health, I don’t see a point in donating.
Original post by 04MR17
Whether an answer is not "good enough" for you is irrelevant. If somebody doesn't want to reply they don't have to.

Well why shouldn't they reply? It's not like they have anything to hide. It's a simple question and all I'm asking for is a simple answer.
Original post by yaja_jaswal
Well why shouldn't they reply? It's not like they have anything to hide. It's a simple question and all I'm asking for is a simple answer.
Because users are not required to reply to something if they don't want to. It really is as simple as that. This is not about hiding, it's about a willingness to participate in a discussion; you can ask for a simple answer but that doesn't mean you're entitled to one.
Original post by Anonymous
I’d never donate my organs unless it’s to a close family member or friend. I’d donate a kidney to my brother for example if he were ever sick. I’d also donate any other organ if I were dead to a member of my family. But other than that, I wouldn’t donate anything and I’d rather my body rots naturally. I wouldn’t donate to anyone else because, as selfish as it sounds, they aren’t important to me in anyway so their well being isn’t any of my concern. Ik that’s selfish but tbh I don’t really care. Personally, my family/close friends’ lives are far most significant than anyone else’s and if they are all in good health, I don’t see a point in donating.

same
Original post by Leviathan1611
same

Lol I was expecting a lot of backlash
Lol I was expecting a lot of backlash

hehehe, that's why I didn't rep your post initially, wanted to make you a little concerned as you opened my post first😁😁😁
hehehe, that's why I didn't rep your post initially, wanted to make you a little concerned as you opened my post first😁😁😁

This guy😂😂
Original post by 04MR17
Because users are not required to reply to something if they don't want to. It really is as simple as that. This is not about hiding, it's about a willingness to participate in a discussion; you can ask for a simple answer but that doesn't mean you're entitled to one.

I never said I was entitled to one. I just thought it strange they wouldn't answer to a simple question. If they already put themselves in the discussion I assumed they would be willing to answer questions related to said discussion. That's the whole point of a discussion.

If you ever recieved a organ transplant would you change your mind?
Original post by BonsaiColony
If you ever recieved a organ transplant would you change your mind?

Nope, if I ever receive an organ transplant, I’d be forever grateful, but it downstate mean that’s I owe my body to anyone. I see organ transplants as gifts, obviously you’d be grateful to receive a gift, but that doesn’t mean you have to give someone else a gift just cuz you got one. I hope I’m making sense lol. In conclusion, no, I wouldn’t. But I’m open to having my mind changed by others, how would donating my organs benefit me or the people I love if I giver away to some stranger?
This guy😂😂

*girl 😁😁😁😁
*girl 😁😁😁😁

My bad, I call everyone guy, even if they’re aren’t a girl (
My bad, I call everyone guy, even if they’re aren’t a girl (

ah okay that's fine then🙂

i'd never donate too lol

Would you ever consider it? Maybe you should go and see what life is like for people on the waiting list and it may convince you
Original post by bingbangbong11
i'd never donate too lol

May I ask why? Not judging you, just curious
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I understand where you're coming from but blind people and people who were born without parts of their eyes, or perhaps any at all, don't just not have a soul :tongue: I guess I'm more scientific in my view. I don't really believe in souls, and if they did exist they don't need physical items of our body to exist in my opinion - because people who have disabilities/genetic difference of course all have would souls still :smile:

Also especially if you're likely to get cremated then the eyes would only turn to ash and be wasted anyway - even with burial they would rot away - which is a shame for people who are waiting on those donations to be able to see :redface:

Yeah. It's just how I feel about my own body. It's not something I would apply to other people like thinking blind people have no soul or are in any way inferior.
For some reason with my own body I just have more of an attachment to my eyes. If there's anything I were to attribute special meaning to and want to keep with my body for more spiritual reasons it would be them.
I guess more than anything they're just the part of me that I'm not really comfortable thinking about enough to make a decision.
Original post by Kindred
Yeah. It's just how I feel about my own body. It's not something I would apply to other people like thinking blind people have no soul or are in any way inferior.
For some reason with my own body I just have more of an attachment to my eyes. If there's anything I were to attribute special meaning to and want to keep with my body for more spiritual reasons it would be them.
I guess more than anything they're just the part of me that I'm not really comfortable thinking about enough to make a decision.

That's fair enough. I guess I would attribute special meaning to my heart with it being like the power/keeping everything going. Although once I'm dead it's no longer keeping me going so someone can have it to keep them going (if it's still of any use) :lol:

It's interesting to hear which part of the body people have more meaning or attachment too :smile:
Original post by Gent2324
Strange to see that people disagree and point out how ridiculous they are but as soon as they say it’s for religious reasons then that’s absolutely fine!

I think it's because people can understand that it's something they aren't going to change their mind about easily.
There are a lot of things in a lot of religions that I don't personally agree with (like I don't believe them or see how they could be true), but the people who do believe them usually have a huge connection to that belief and its usually pretty well backed up by the rest of that religious community. A lot of it is centred around faith and something bigger than our own world so there's not much you can do to logic it (since is no match for the thing that created science--it's like using video game logic on our world). Also it tends to have some pretty high stakes, like if you get into the good part of afterlife etc.
I think it's a lot easier to challenge personal views than it is religious ones and people often just don't want to pick that fight cos they know it's unlikely to end well.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kindred
I think it's because people can understand that it's something they aren't going to change their mind about easily.
There are a lot of things in a lot of religions that I don't personally agree with (like I don't believe them or see how they could be true), but the people who do believe them usually have a huge connection to that belief and its usually pretty well backed up by the rest of that religious community. A lot of it is centred around faith and something bigger than out own world so there's not much you can do to logic it (since is no match for the thing that created science--it's like using video game logic on our world). Also it tends to have some pretty high stakes, like if you get into the good part of afterlife etc.
I think it's a lot easier to challenge personal views than it is religious ones and people often just don't want to pick that fight cos they know it's unlikely to end well.

Religious views are still personal views. Whether they are going to change their mind or not shouldn’t dictate how much you respect an opinion

Quick Reply

Latest