The Student Room Group

Want to change A level biology

I want to change from biology to an EASIER (i acknowledge it will not be easy) A level to get an A. What I think will be easier is psychology, business, economics and sociology. I can’t do arts/design and hate English. Any suggestions of the A level I should pick?
What r ur other subjects and wat career do u wanna do?
Original post by Sannah 21
What r ur other subjects and wat career do u wanna do?

Maths and chemistry

Software engineering or something related to computers.
i did psych....1 year and got an A.
Sociology for sureeeeee, you can get an A*
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Sociology for sureeeeee, you can get an A*

I don’t like the big 25 essay questions prefer max 16 marks
Original post by JuiceMaster192
I don’t like the big 25 essay questions prefer max 16 marks

I feel like with sociology, theres soooo many ways to get marks.

My teacher said you can do a plan for a 30 marker and you can get AO1 marks :eek:
Personally, its a very laidback subject I've never had any struggles, you don't have to be perfect at essay writing you just need to know how to pickup the marks ygm.
Original post by anonymoussse
i did psych....1 year and got an A.

I’m assuming this was AS? Is it much harder in A level. Also I’m terrible at English so psychology involve writing about random stuff on random extracts
I’m assuming this was AS? Is it much harder in A level. Also I’m terrible at English so psychology involve writing about random stuff on random extracts

no, the full thing in 1 year lmao. i started in mid march, the exams were from may the following year so 1 year and 2 months
i dont think u should do sociology, personal experience i just dont think it's self-teachable idk

with psych i taught the entire thing on my own, i skipped all the lessons almost
no, the full thing in 1 year lmao. i started in mid march, the exams were from may the following year so 1 year and 2 months
i dont think u should do sociology, personal experience i just dont think it's self-teachable idk

with psych i taught the entire thing on my own, i skipped all the lessons almost

Can you explain what the course is all about in revising and exam wise?
I want to change from biology to an EASIER (i acknowledge it will not be easy) A level to get an A. What I think will be easier is psychology, business, economics and sociology. I can’t do arts/design and hate English. Any suggestions of the A level I should pick?

Definitely go with Religious Studies. Extremely easy as a lot of it is common knowledge. Really interesting as well.
Can you explain what the course is all about in revising and exam wise?

1) memorise the textbook. the content is little (aqa) 1 double page = 1 topic. in AS there's 50 double pages and at A2 there's also around 50. one side of the double page is description of the topic, the other page is evaluation.
2) once u've memorised the textbook, do exam questions and memorise the mark schemes. i didn't see any of the questions until like 2 months before the exams. i'd say spend 3 months on this step if you want to smash your a2 exams and get an a*

to get an A* i wish i memorised the evaluation points earlier, and made sure i knew all the content 2 months before the exam.
(edited 4 years ago)
1) memorise the textbook. the content is little (aqa) 1 double page = 1 topic. in AS there's 50 double pages and at A2 there's also around 50. one side of the double page is description of the topic, the other page is evaluation.
2) once u've memorised the textbook, do exam questions and memorise the mark schemes. i didn't see any of the questions until like 2 months before the exams. i'd say spend 3 months on this step if you want to smash your a2 exams and get an a*

to get an A* i wish i memorised the evaluation points earlier, and made sure i knew all the content 2 months before the exam.

U talking bout psychology?

Quick Reply

Latest