The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Le Male
furries-625x350.jpg

I am not surprised she is anti-furry. The madness has to end somewhere.

I suddenly have a pure hated for furries. I did respect them but to Ben fair that photo says a thousand words.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
US singer Lana Del Rey has come out against the furry community, calling them “gross”.

During a livestream with her fans on September 4, someone asked if Lana was a furry and her reply was clear: “I’m not a furry, you guys are gross.”

The Grammy-nominated artist was mid-vape when she said that furries are gross.

Lana Del Rey’s sixth studio album, Norman ****ing Rockwell, was released last week, August 30.

She previously won two Brit awards, for international breakthrough act and international female solo artist, in 2012 and 2013.

Her last album, Lust for Life, was nominated for a Grammy award in 2018.

A gay black furry was recently crowned the best Esports player in the world.

Dominique “SonicFox” McLean won Best eSports Player at The Game Awards 2018, and gave a wonderful pro-LGBT+ speech.

They said: “I wanna give a super shoutout to all my LGBTQ+ friends that have always helped me through life.

“Obviously, I’m a furry, so shout out to the furries.

“Guess all I gotta really say is that I’m gay, black, a furry pretty much everything a Republican hates and the best eSports player of the whole year, I guess. Thank you so much!”

SoncFox, one of the most popular professional online gamers, came out as non-binary on Twitter on September 3.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/09/06/lana-del-rey-furries-gross-livestream-norman-rockwell/

queen snapped!
Reply 22
Original post by SCAREDYSTUDENT
I suddenly have a pure hated for furries. I did respect them but to Ben fair that photo says a thousand words.

Absolutely, it is such a worrying trend where we have networks of alt-right posters on websites such as 4Chan and 8Chan organising to create an army of lone wolves to fight back against the establishment. Now it seems they are using furry costumes to disguise themselves during their disgusting neo-Nazi orgies.
I saw a video of sonicfox picking up an award with his furry head on...

I just dunno - seems he's happy enough taking the head on and off
Reply 24
I'm sure they'll find some deviants out there who will pretend to be outraged about this.

Meanwhile the world moves on.

EDIT: I see Bronies have entered the conversation. Watched a documentary about that once - the weirdest bloody thing I've ever seen.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 25
Wow, this is just pure bigotry!! Furries have feelings as well you know!!
Original post by L i b
I'm sure they'll find some deviants out there who will pretend to be outraged about this.

Meanwhile the world moves on.

EDIT: I see Bronies have entered the conversation. Watched a documentary about that once - the weirdest bloody thing I've ever seen.

WHat are bronies ?

You can't judge an entire community based on one photo...
Furries are mostly harmless, just people dressing up as animals, there are stupid extreme people in every group in society.
Part 1
US singer Lana Del Rey has come out against the furry community, calling them “gross”.

During a livestream with her fans on September 4, someone asked if Lana was a furry and her reply was clear: “I’m not a furry, you guys are gross.”

Lana Del Rey’s sixth studio album, Norman ****ing Rockwell, was released last week, August 30.

She previously won two Brit awards, for international breakthrough act and international female solo artist, in 2012 and 2013.

Part 2

Dominique “SonicFox” McLean won Best eSports Player at The Game Awards 2018, and gave a wonderful pro-LGBT+ speech.

They said: “I wanna give a super shoutout to all my LGBTQ+ friends that have always helped me through life.

“Guess all I gotta really say is that I’m gay, black, a furry pretty much everything a Republican hates and the best eSports player of the whole year, I guess. Thank you so much!”

SoncFox, one of the most popular professional online gamers, came out as non-binary on Twitter on September 3.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/09/06/lana-del-rey-furries-gross-livestream-norman-rockwell/

What does part 1 have to do with part 2? You've just shoehorned two stories together for no reason.
Original post by CoolCavy
You can't judge an entire community based on one photo...
Furries are mostly harmless, just people dressing up as animals, there are stupid extreme people in every group in society.

I was simply being sarcastic.
Original post by Drewski
What does part 1 have to do with part 2? You've just shoehorned two stories together for no reason.

That's the way pink news reported it on the article he linked... guess they thought some additional information was needed in case pink news readers didn't realise what LGBT+ includes this week.

for additional context, apparently video of the livestream exists - it appears Ms Del Rey is reacting to a comment that states
"Lana is a furry wtf"

So she's calling the people in the chat gross

Well, she's not wrong.
Original post by CoolCavy
A furry is someone who likes to dress up as an animal. Think the costumes mascots wear and it's similar to that. Basically cosplaying.
Furries get a lot of hate, idk why really I guess people just like to laugh at anyone who isn't 'normal' by their definition. People also get them confused with 'otherkin' who are people that actually think they are an animal....
No idea
No idea
Q = queer or questioning. Personally I dislike the word queer as I think it's a slur but a lot of people have 'reclaimed' it and now use it as a sort of umbrella for the whole LGBT community. Questioning is people who aren't sure of their gender/sexuality.

Furries should not be part of the LGBTQ community, it’s such an oversubscribed thing and talked about way more than it should be, they act as if it’s a majority when it is a very small minority of people in the general population.
The term LGBTQ has lost all prior meaning, now it’s just a term for being ‘special’
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Notoriety
Well, she's not wrong.

It is a bit weird
Original post by Greywolftwo
Furries should not be part of the LGBTQ community, it’s such an oversubscribed thing and talked about way more than it should be, they act as if it’s a majority when it is a very small minority of people in the world

The term LGBTQ has lost all prior meaning, now it’s just a term for being ‘special’
(edited 4 years ago)
WHat are bronies ?

adult males who cosplay as my little pony toys

Original post by Andrew97
Never has a thread confused me so much.

What is a furry?
What has mid-vape got to do with it?
Who’s SoncFox?
What does the Q stand for in LGBTQ+?

and who gives a **** about the esports dude like seriously
This is top internet
Reply 38
I've met a few and to a man they have been oddities. But fair ****s, do what ye like
Reply 39
Original post by Joinedup
adult males who cosplay as my little pony toys

I dont think they cosplay, I thought it's just adult males who watch it for whatever reason