The Student Room Group

'Don't want to do or say anything else that's going to be completely moronic'-Y12 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greywolftwo
Good idea to ease yourself in, don’t want to jump in too quickly and then overwhelm yourself. My school is also conscious about health mainly because there was a measles outbreak at my school. I was one of the people who got it despite having the vaccination and booster in year 9

That must have been horrible. I really wish more people would vaccinate their children. I struggle with health anxiety and it causes me to experience symptoms of illnesses that I'm worried about. I have constant muscle aches and pains and often get chest pain. It's horrible having physical symptoms but the actual cause being mental. My brother's also have bad allergies and my 1 yr old brother has been put on antibiotics due to a suspected ear infection.
Original post by laurawatt
:eek:
We have something similar, but on a Tuesday, like careers stuff, and learning life skills

Yes that's basically what it is. Lots of people are doing an EPQ but I chose to do in-class support which involves helping younger students in lessons and giving extra support to disadvantaged students
Original post by jemima0103
Yes that's basically what it is. Lots of people are doing an EPQ but I chose to do in-class support which involves helping younger students in lessons and giving extra support to disadvantaged students

Ooh I wish we got that opportunity! Sounds really cool and will probably help your application more than an EPQ anyway :h:
Unfortunately it’s compulsory to do EPQ at our school:emo: which is not ideal for people doing 4 subjects!
That must have been horrible. I really wish more people would vaccinate their children. I struggle with health anxiety and it causes me to experience symptoms of illnesses that I'm worried about. I have constant muscle aches and pains and often get chest pain. It's horrible having physical symptoms but the actual cause being mental. My brother's also have bad allergies and my 1 yr old brother has been put on antibiotics due to a suspected ear infection.

After measles I became very paranoid and anxious too

Spoiler

09/09/19
So today hasn't really been that good a day. The lessons are alright but I'm not really enjoying sixth form at the moment. It just doesn't feel right even though it's at the school I've been at for the past 5 years. It's just quite lonely. My best friend went home at break because she didn't have anymore lessons, and I hung around with some of our friends who are boys. We're really good friends but it's just not the same. I spent most of lunch and p 4 reading. I just don't seem to be able to study. I just have no motivation to do anything but reading and even that seems pointless. When I try to study, even simple note-taking, my mind just goes blank and it just doesn't connect to my brain.
I'm also quite stressed now, because I was meant to go to the doctors today during P4 to arrange a new appointment for October and order my repeat prescription, but I got so stressed and ended up not going. I'm now panicking that I won't get my medicine and that I won't have enough over the weekend. The withdrawal effects of not taking my medicine can be really bad.
Going to try and do some geography note-taking and sort out my history work. Probably will swat up an Maths because we have a small assessment tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to sort the doctors and my medicine tomorrow during P1 because I have a free.
:hugs:

Spoiler

09/09/19
So today hasn't really been that good a day. The lessons are alright but I'm not really enjoying sixth form at the moment. It just doesn't feel right even though it's at the school I've been at for the past 5 years. It's just quite lonely. My best friend went home at break because she didn't have anymore lessons, and I hung around with some of our friends who are boys. We're really good friends but it's just not the same. I spent most of lunch and p 4 reading. I just don't seem to be able to study. I just have no motivation to do anything but reading and even that seems pointless. When I try to study, even simple note-taking, my mind just goes blank and it just doesn't connect to my brain.
I'm also quite stressed now, because I was meant to go to the doctors today during P4 to arrange a new appointment for October and order my repeat prescription, but I got so stressed and ended up not going. I'm now panicking that I won't get my medicine and that I won't have enough over the weekend. The withdrawal effects of not taking my medicine can be really bad.
Going to try and do some geography note-taking and sort out my history work. Probably will swat up an Maths because we have a small assessment tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to sort the doctors and my medicine tomorrow during P1 because I have a free.

Get what you mean when you say it doesn’t feel right, I’m kinda feeling the same right now
Take care xx
Original post by Greywolftwo
Get what you mean when you say it doesn’t feel right, I’m kinda feeling the same right now

Original post by RazzzBerries
Take care xx

thanks. x
Hopefully you’ll be able to go to the doctors today :smile: :jumphug:

Spoiler

So today wasn't really that good of a day. I got my doctors stuff sorted out, and I spoke to a teacher about my enrichment and she said that I could arrange it with her tomorrow during P4.
Basically, we have to do assessments in each of our subjects to see how suitable we are for the course. I struggle enough with exam stress when I know exactly what I need to revise, so doing an exam where I have absolutely no clue on the content is my worst nightmare. The maths one was okay, but the geography one was awful. I had no idea what cartographic meant. I've also been feeling quite ill today and I'm not sure if it's a cold or if it's just from stress. On top of all that, today a teacher who I don't like just randomly started shouting at me during break-time for reading. Thankfully tomorrow I only have history and then sorting out my enrichment, and then I can go home and have a proper rest.
:h:
So today wasn't really that good of a day. I got my doctors stuff sorted out, and I spoke to a teacher about my enrichment and she said that I could arrange it with her tomorrow during P4.
Basically, we have to do assessments in each of our subjects to see how suitable we are for the course. I struggle enough with exam stress when I know exactly what I need to revise, so doing an exam where I have absolutely no clue on the content is my worst nightmare. The maths one was okay, but the geography one was awful. I had no idea what cartographic meant. I've also been feeling quite ill today and I'm not sure if it's a cold or if it's just from stress. On top of all that, today a teacher who I don't like just randomly started shouting at me during break-time for reading. Thankfully tomorrow I only have history and then sorting out my enrichment, and then I can go home and have a proper rest.
:h:

I hope you feel better and have a better day tomorrow :h:

Spoiler

12/09/2019
So the past two days haven't been as bad.
I sorted out my enrichment. I'm helping every Wednesday Period 4 in a Year 8 set 1 maths class which is good.
I'm also enjoying my lessons. However, My school hasn't got very good A Level results for the past few years and they are being really strict this year. Luckily I got over 60% on my maths baseline assessment which means I will be allowed to continue with the course. we also did our human geography baseline assessment and it went a lot better than the physical one so hopefully it will all be okay. I'm not sure if we're doing one in history. History yesterday was really good. We basically acted out the year 12 content of The Wars Of The Roses. I was Elizabeth Woodville, wife of Edward IV. This was so we didn't immediately rush into heavy content and gave us a better understanding of the key events.

Outside of school I haven't really being doing that much. I've listened to music, Watched some Netflix and mainly read. I'm still reading the bell jar.
I'm still looking for a part time job and I am researching uni courses.
My 1 year old brother also went into hospital yesterday because he's ill and hasn't eaten. He's coming home tonight though, but it's all just related to viruses and allergies. Me and my sister also have colds too.
Random: today I bought some mince pies in sainsburys.
Will only have maths tomorrow because I'm going to the dentist in the morning.

I'm going to use this to say GOOD LUCK TO MY LITTLE SISTER ON HER 11+ EXAM TOMORROW.

It’s good to talk through your day if you feel down always here to help, also it’s quite interesting for the rest of us!

Spoiler

So glad it's Friday, I'm soooooooo tired. Hopefully will get some work done this weekend, as well as sleeping. Have a good weekend. xx

Spoiler

So the past few days haven't been so bad. I got my history essay back from over the summer and I got an E but i'm not upset because my essay wasn't very well structured and our teacher was more interested in how we write and the way we need to be taught, than us getting a high grade on our first essay, plus, she bought our whole class coffee today from the cafe in the sixth form common room. geography is good, but I am finding the physical side more difficult than the human side. Maths is really good too. We've been doing indices and surds in pure, and we started looking at the large data set in stats.
Outside of school, I went out into town with some of my friends on Saturday, and on Monday night my 3 yr old half brother stayed with us which was quite fun.

Spoiler

End of the third week, and I have so much homework. I have two essays to complete for history. one on the Transformation of Russia into a 'Liberal State' and the Other evaluating the usefulness of three sources for an enquiry into the Wars Of The Roses. I also have lots of geography and maths homework, as well as being set independent study in all three subjects. We are also going to be doing a finance course during tutorial time which is going to provide us with useful information over things such as tax, mortgages, pensions, etc.

On a more personal note, I've really been struggling with my mental health at sixth form. I don't think my medicine is working. I to does help with my anxiety symptoms, but I just feel so disassociated with life. I have no motivation to do anything, and for some reason I just seem to be avoiding everyone and I don't know why. At the moment sixth form just seems pointless, and I seem to have lost all direction, but there isn't really any other options.
So the past few days haven't been so bad. I got my history essay back from over the summer and I got an E but i'm not upset because my essay wasn't very well structured and our teacher was more interested in how we write and the way we need to be taught, than us getting a high grade on our first essay, plus, she bought our whole class coffee today from the cafe in the sixth form common room. geography is good, but I am finding the physical side more difficult than the human side. Maths is really good too. We've been doing indices and surds in pure, and we started looking at the large data set in stats.
Outside of school, I went out into town with some of my friends on Saturday, and on Monday night my 3 yr old half brother stayed with us which was quite fun.

Love pure maths, I don’t do it for A-levels but very very interesting. Hope your weekend has been relaxing and productive!

Spoiler

So I'm now into a better routine. I finished my Essay on Tsar Alexander II. I've also done my first maths assessment, which I got a B on which i'm quite pleased about. There just seems to be so much content though for every subject. We started an LIBF finance course this week at school, which is apparently the equivalent of another GCSE. We had a parent and tutor evening on Tuesday so my Dad got to meet my form tutor to talk about how I'm settling in. History is really interesting, I don't know why I find it so interesting, but I do. In maths, we've done the Discriminant and graphs. We've also started on Mechanics now, which I actually haven't found as challenging as I thought I would yet. I was quite worried about that, because most of the people in my maths class, are also doing physics, but I'm not.

Challenges: Although this week hasn't been that bad, Today I had a bit of a wobble. My Mum got my brother's blood test back and he has Coeliac disease which means my family will have to make adjustments to food and dietary requirements. I then felt really stressed today and got really panicked in maths, and started scratching the skin off my hand. Hopefully next Wednesday when I go to the doctor's I can speak to my GP about it.

To try and cheer me up, me and my friends went to wetherspoons at lunchtime, and I bought some Halloumi fries with sweet chilli sauce.

Spoiler

How has everyone else's week been xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending