The Student Room Group

Are my grades ok for future employers??

I don’t really know what I want to do when older but I was wondering if my grades give me a good chance employment wise so far.

IGCSE’s (old system) - 2A*, 5A and 2B.
A levels- ABC

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely! Just depends what you go on to do now :smile:
Original post by D7654321
I don’t really know what I want to do when older but I was wondering if my grades give me a good chance employment wise so far.

A levels- ABC

Great GCSE results, but looks like you really struggled at A level, that's quite a drop.

A levels- ABC

They look good to me
Reply 4
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Great GCSE results, but looks like you really struggled at A level, that's quite a drop.

Not really. GCSE I got A* geog, A biology and hadn’t done economics before. They say normally in a level you go one or two grades below your gcse result. I got A in geog which matches this and high C in bio .. 2 marks off b.
(edited 4 years ago)
Did I have a huge drop from GCSE to A level? I got 8A*s and 2As and a B in FMSQ maths at GCSE and AAB at A level (maths, Spanish further maths)
Not really. GCSE I got A* geog, A biology and hadn’t done economics before. They say normally in a level you go one or two grades below your gcse result. I got A in geog which matches this and high C in bio .. 2 marks off b.

You're grades are fine, but whoever says that is wrong.
Reply 7
I’m scared For a levels looking at this feed
Reply 8
Original post by Gone245
I’m scared For a levels looking at this feed

Why... are my a levels that bad :frown:
Reply 9
Why... are my a levels that bad :frown:

No your a levels are good it’s the responses that are scaring me
Reply 10
Original post by Gone245
No your a levels are good it’s the responses that are scaring me

I found A levels hard, but I did hard ish subjects and I get very stressed in exams.
I found A levels hard, but I did hard ish subjects and I get very stressed in exams.

Yeah I’m doing hard ish subjects too and Im being constantly reminded about how hard a levels are which is why I’m scared

A levels- ABC

your GCSE's grades are amazing and for your A levels it depends on what kind of employment you choose yourself for. you can expect an employer to review your grades and use them in making hiring decisions.
you can look up to universities to see what courses they offer with those grades, then u might make up a decision of what u wanna do in future or what interests you.
Reply 13
Original post by rukhmamansoor
your GCSE's grades are amazing and for your A levels it depends on what kind of employment you choose yourself for. you can expect an employer to review your grades and use them in making hiring decisions.
you can look up to universities to see what courses they offer with those grades, then u might make up a decision of what u wanna do in future or what interests you.

Ah ok.. I feel like from this thread it is making me feel like I did horrifically in my a levels tbh ☹️🤷🏼*♀️
Ah ok.. I feel like from this thread it is making me feel like I did horrifically in my a levels tbh ☹️🤷🏼*♀️

grades don't define you as a person and you didn't do bad in your A levels. there's always a way to do what you want to. Don't let your grades make you feel like the end of the world. Go on and do what interests you the most.
Original post by Gone245
Yeah I’m doing hard ish subjects too and Im being constantly reminded about how hard a levels are which is why I’m scared

its always your choice. If you are gonna think of it as hard, it is hard and if you are gonna think of it as easy so yes it is. It's just in your head. we all got the same brain and it's your choice how are u gonna use it. Don't stress or degrade yourself. you can do better than anyone else <3
Original post by mysticmagic2000
Did I have a huge drop from GCSE to A level? I got 8A*s and 2As and a B in FMSQ maths at GCSE and AAB at A level (maths, Spanish further maths)

AAB isn't as awkward as ABC.

That's the difference between a top uni and a post 1992 uni.

About 13% in the UK achieve AAB or higher.

You didn't do horrifically... You just did very average.. After shining at GCSE maybe you were a bit uninspired since you didn't know what you wanted to do. What do you plan on doing?

Uni or apprenticeship?

You can always shine at a middling uni and then trade up later.

Or work for a medium sized company and with experience trade up later.

But for most banks and prestigious job's ABC won't meet the minimum A level requirements.

Your future in professional services likely won't arrive... But maybe join the police force.. Or work for the airport... Sort of middling type jobs.. Or definitely try to get into trade school.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 18
well i didn't think i was that screwed tbh.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
You didn't do horrifically... You just did very average.. After shining at GCSE maybe you were a bit uninspired since you didn't know what you wanted to do. What do you plan on doing?

Uni or apprenticeship?

You can always shine at a middling uni and then trade up later.

Or work for a medium sized company and with experience trade up later.

But for most banks and prestigious job's ABC won't meet the minimum A level requirements.

Your future in professional services likely won't arrive... But maybe join the police force.. Or work for the airport... Sort of middling type jobs.. Or definitely try to get into trade school.
Reply 19
literally feel so ****!

Quick Reply

Latest