The Student Room Group

PwC UK recruitment - experienced hires

I'm an overseas candidate (experienced hire) who applied with PwC Gatwick for a senior associate - external audit position. I have had 4 years of PwC (non-UK) experience prior to that in assurance and business advisory. I had an interview a week ago with a senior manager from PwC Gatwick. It went well and the interviewer was really co-operative and encouraging. I was even told that the normal process involves having 2 interviews, but in your case we might not require the second interview. I was then given a case study by the senior manager through email to identify errors and key audit risks. I made my submission and was told that I will be getting feedback by the end of this week. It's already Sunday. Any idea where this might be going. Has anyone else gone through the same process? Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
The big4 is a numbers game. Every individual team which makes up the big4 will have a budget (even within audit and assurance, you'll have for example TMT or LTT etc. which will have their own budget and headcount). They may be interviewing other candidates/waiting to hear back on offers they made/waiting on a client tender to see what numbers they need. Be patient, if the feedback was positive you'll likely fit in but it might take longer than you expect. When was the interview? I'd follow up on Tuesday with your HR contact. 'hi xxx, I really enjoyed my interview experience with x last week. I just wanted to follow up regarding my application and when I will be updated on its status?'
Reply 2
Original post by accno1
The big4 is a numbers game. Every individual team which makes up the big4 will have a budget (even within audit and assurance, you'll have for example TMT or LTT etc. which will have their own budget and headcount). They may be interviewing other candidates/waiting to hear back on offers they made/waiting on a client tender to see what numbers they need. Be patient, if the feedback was positive you'll likely fit in but it might take longer than you expect. When was the interview? I'd follow up on Tuesday with your HR contact. 'hi xxx, I really enjoyed my interview experience with x last week. I just wanted to follow up regarding my application and when I will be updated on its status?'

Thanks a lot for your response. Just curious, does being given a case study to solve after the interview mean that the interview went well? And what do they look for in a candidate after initial screening and the technical interview round?
Hello

Original post by cdarkest
I'm an overseas candidate (experienced hire) who applied with PwC Gatwick for a senior associate - external audit position. I have had 4 years of PwC (non-UK) experience prior to that in assurance and business advisory. I had an interview a week ago with a senior manager from PwC Gatwick. It went well and the interviewer was really co-operative and encouraging. I was even told that the normal process involves having 2 interviews, but in your case we might not require the second interview. I was then given a case study by the senior manager through email to identify errors and key audit risks. I made my submission and was told that I will be getting feedback by the end of this week. It's already Sunday. Any idea where this might be going. Has anyone else gone through the same process? Thanks

Hello,
Im in a similar position to you, except I have not received the case yet. Can you tell me what was the final result of your interview and what questiosn you were asked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending