The Student Room Group

help!!!!!

I'm currently studying biomedical science in uni, and I really want to be a doctor in the future, so I want to do medicine in postgraduate. What is the name of this course in uni? And is that possible?

Scroll to see replies

i know this is **** advice but look it up on ucas/ see if the uni ur going to does a post grad in medicine
Reply 2
Sorry what is the name of the postgraduate medicine?
Reply 3
And also is that a possible way to get into medicine course via biomedical science in undergraduate
You can do graduate entry not post grad
Reply 5
Original post by Carleyodp
You can do graduate entry not post grad

But what kind of degree will I get after GEM? Master or undergraduate?
Original post by Xcyx331
I'm currently studying biomedical science in uni, and I really want to be a doctor in the future, so I want to do medicine in postgraduate. What is the name of this course in uni? And is that possible?

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/medicine-graduate-course
Reply 7
Original post by Xcyx331
What kind of degree will I get after GEM?

You will get a Bachelor of Medicine degree (sometimes called BM, MBChB, MBBS, all mean the same thing). Medicine is an undergraduate degree, so whether or not you study it as a school leaver, or as a graduate, you still get the same qualification. There is no avoiding doing an undergraduate medical degree if you want to be a doctor, as this is what qualifies you to practise medicine.
Original post by Xcyx331

An undergraduate degree in medicine qualifying you to be a doctor.
Original post by Xcyx331
But what kind of degree will I get after GEM? Master or undergraduate?

You'll get a Bachelor Of Medicine degree (MBChB/MBBS)

Original post by Xcyx331
Sorry what is the name of the postgraduate medicine?

Graduate-entry medicine
Original post by Xcyx331

You get Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. There is no Masters of Medicine.
Reply 12
Original post by junior.doctor
You will get a Bachelor of Medicine degree (sometimes called BM, MBChB, MBBS, all mean the same thing). Medicine is an undergraduate degree, so whether or not you study it as a school leaver, or as a graduate, you still get the same qualification. There is no avoiding doing an undergraduate medical degree if you want to be a doctor, as this is what qualifies you to practise medicine.

is that enough to be a doctor in the hospital? Or I have to do medicine postgraduate?
Reply 13
Original post by Glaz
Graduate-entry medicine

So is that enough to work in the hospital? Or i have to do PhD?
Reply 14
Original post by Wired_1800
You get Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. There is no Masters of Medicine.

in order to working in the hospital is that enough? Or I have to do PhD?
Original post by Xcyx331
Or i have to do PhD?

No, you will get the exact same qualification that you would if you started at 18.
Reply 16
Original post by Glaz
No, you will get the exact same qualification that you would if you started at 18.

What do you mean?
Original post by Xcyx331
What do you mean?

Doing graduate-entry medicine and doing medicine without having completed a degree previously will give you the exact same qualification
Reply 18
You mean the undergraduate degree?
Reply 19
Original post by Glaz
Doing graduate-entry medicine and doing medicine without having completed a degree previously will give you the exact same qualification

In order to apply GEM I have to complete my biomedical science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending