The Student Room Group

release from uni?

Hey all.

On results day, I went through clearing and got a place confirmed at sheffield. I have since got a remark and got the grades for my first choice which originally rejected me. If I wanted to reapply, how do I exit my contract with sheffield and get them to release me?
Reply 1
Original post by backspace400
Hey all.

On results day, I went through clearing and got a place confirmed at sheffield. I have since got a remark and got the grades for my first choice which originally rejected me. If I wanted to reapply, how do I exit my contract with sheffield and get them to release me?

You need to see whether your first choice are still gonna accept you for this year. If they will then you need to call up Sheffield and ask them to release you and then (using instructions given by your original firm) you need to add an offer through clearing.
Hey all.

Did you notify your firm and clearing university that you were getting a remark?

You need to speak to them both to see if they will still allow a late change. It's 9 days after the deadline for meeting your offer conditions.

You do NOT need to arrange a release/place through Clearing as advised above. A swap due to a remark can be handled by UCAS but both universities need to agree.
Im on a year out now :smile:
Original post by PQ
Did you notify your firm and clearing university that you were getting a remark?

You need to speak to them both to see if they will still allow a late change. It's 9 days after the deadline for meeting your offer conditions.

You do NOT need to arrange a release/place through Clearing as advised above. A swap due to a remark can be handled by UCAS but both universities need to agree.

Is this the same for a gap year? I was planning on reapplying through UCAS for 2020 start
Is this the same for a gap year? I was planning on reapplying through UCAS for 2020 start

Do you want to reapply for 5 choices or just have a deferred place for 2020 with your previous firm?
There is no need for the OP to use self release
Original post by PQ
Do you want to reapply for 5 choices or just have a deferred place for 2020 with your previous firm?

deferred foor my previous firm
Oh perfect! I hadnt applied for accomodation no
deferred foor my previous firm

You need to speak to your previous firm choice then. Did you notify them on results day that you were getting a remark?
Original post by PQ
You need to speak to your previous firm choice then. Did you notify them on results day that you were getting a remark?

No. If I speak to my previous firm what would I haveto say about reapplying?
No. If I speak to my previous firm what would I haveto say about reapplying?

Don't say anything about reapplying. Please IGNORE the incorrect advice from the other posters about releasing yourself and using clearing.

Ring them up, explain that your results have been remarked and you now meet your offer, ask if they'll take you back for 2020 entry. If they agree then ask what you need to do to make it happen (should be nothing - they need to ring UCAS and UCAS will swap you back to them and they'll update your entry date to 2020.
Original post by PQ
Don't say anything about reapplying. Please IGNORE the incorrect advice from the other posters about releasing yourself and using clearing.

Ring them up, explain that your results have been remarked and you now meet your offer, ask if they'll take you back for 2020 entry. If they agree then ask what you need to do to make it happen (should be nothing - they need to ring UCAS and UCAS will swap you back to them and they'll update your entry date to 2020.

Okay thank you so much.
Original post by PQ

Ive heard some unis are a bit difficult about releasing you but is that more with clearing? and would I not need to contact sheffield at all?
Ive heard some unis are a bit difficult about releasing you but is that more with clearing? and would I not need to contact sheffield at all?

Talk to your firm choice. Just pick up the phone now.

You don't need to speak to sheffield and you don't need to be released - a release is to use clearing and that isn't what you are doing.
Original post by PQ
Talk to your firm choice. Just pick up the phone now.

You don't need to speak to sheffield and you don't need to be released - a release is to use clearing and that isn't what you are doing.

Heya, would I call the actual uni number or the clearing hotline? I know its not clearing but as its for admissions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending