The Student Room Group

Can a 17 year old run away to Norway without parental consent?

I'm 17 and I want to run away to Norway to live with my 19-year-old boyfriend without my parent's consent. I want to know if I will be sent back home or if my boyfriend will be accused of child abduction.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shaolin~Chan
I'm 17 and I want to run away to Norway to live with my 19-year-old boyfriend without my parent's consent. I want to know if I will be sent back home or if my boyfriend will be accused of child abduction.

man, you are daft
Reply 2
You aren't a child so it's called moving out.
Have you asked yourself what your 30 year old self would likely think of this plan? ;-)

(Hint: Things that seem pressing aged 17 may not do - in years to come...)

A
Child abduction 😆😆😆
Why is your boyfriend in Norway? Have you actually met him?
Reply 6
do you have the legal right to live in Norway for immigration purposes?

www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-norway#stay-up-to-date-on-brexit
Your boyfriend and you live in different countries?
Did you meet online?
Seems online boyfriend isn`t reliable.
Do you study in high school? Study is in your first place
Just so you know my background story, my parents have physically and emotionally abused me when I was younger and now it's just emotional abuse. I don't want to live here anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
Child abduction 😆😆😆

A few weeks ago, I tried to run away and the police was involved. I was sent back home and they said that my boyfriend could be accused of child abduction.
Original post by 江山此刻波澜壮阔
Your boyfriend and you live in different countries?
Did you meet online?
Seems online boyfriend isn`t reliable.
Do you study in high school? Study is in your first place

Yes, I met him online. I don't plan on studying due to my social anxiety, I plan on working there.
A few weeks ago, I tried to run away and the police was involved. I was sent back home and they said that my boyfriend could be accused of child abduction.

I mean, if you really want to do this why do you not wait until you are 18? Then you can travel independently as an adult and without parents consent.
The whole situation does seem a bit sketchy though, look after yourself.
Original post by barror1
I mean, if you really want to do this why do you not wait until you are 18? Then you can travel independently as an adult and without parents consent.
The whole situation does seem a bit sketchy though, look after yourself.

Because he lives alone and I literally have nowhere to go
Because he lives alone and I literally have nowhere to go

Have you tried contacting the police about your home situation and seeing what they can do? Running away to another country will cause you so much more harm than good everyone compared to abiding by the laws of the land and not making your boyfriend a fugitive.

What happens if you break up? What happens if things don’t work out? Use your brain not your heart.
Original post by nathan_boachie
What happens if you break up? What happens if things don’t work out? Use your brain not your heart.

I will bring some cash and my bank card with me, his parents are very supportive of me no matter what I do. Therefore, if we do end up breaking up, I would at least have somewhere to live. I could also live with my aunt since she's in Norway too.
Original post by barror1
Have you tried contacting the police about your home situation and seeing what they can do? Running away to another country will cause you so much more harm than good everyone compared to abiding by the laws of the land and not making your boyfriend a fugitive.

Last time I tried to run away I was stopped by the police because I was reported missing by my parents. I was forced to go back home because there was nowhere for me to go since I don't have any friends or relatives to stay with.
Last time I tried to run away I was stopped by the police because I was reported missing by my parents. I was forced to go back home because there was nowhere for me to go since I don't have any friends or relatives to stay with.

why dont you write a note before you leave or call them from a phone box that way they dont need to look for you or report you missing
Original post by hajerox123
why dont you write a note before you leave or call them from a phone box that way they dont need to look for you or report you missing

I did that last time and look where I am now.

Go to the police. Not about running away, but about what your parents are doing to you. They will be able to help.

Quick Reply

Latest