The Student Room Group

Oriel Pharmacy Pre reg 2020-21

Who is applying through oriel for a pharmacy pre reg position 2020-21?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
moi! How are you preparing for the MMI? :smile:
Reply 2
Tbh I have not done anything to prepare, and my interview is next week :s-smilie:
I have just been over SJT questions but people I know are going over the pharmacist attributes framework and coming up with examples for each. How about you??
I’m not too sure how effective this will be under interview pressure though.
We need more people to view this thread!!! Lol
Reply 3
Original post by hugo13
Tbh I have not done anything to prepare, and my interview is next week :s-smilie:
I have just been over SJT questions but people I know are going over the pharmacist attributes framework and coming up with examples for each. How about you??
I’m not too sure how effective this will be under interview pressure though.
We need more people to view this thread!!! Lol

Mine is next week too! 13th~
I'm doing the same actually. Additionally I'm going over all the work experience I've ever had and making a few bullets as to what I learnt from them.
But yeah lord knows how my brain is going to function under pressure.
Definitely need more views on this thread. There are similar threads from previous years but same situation as this one
Original post by jjaved
I'm doing the same actually. Additionally I'm going over all the work experience I've ever had and making a few bullets as to what I learnt from them.
Definitely need more views on this thread. There are similar threads from previous years but same situation as this one

I've been prepping by writing up answers to Competency questions I found on the internet. I have examples for PAF but not too many coz Im sure I wont memorise them all. I have my interview on the 9th :frown: :frown:. Good luck everyone
Reply 5
Original post by shivani210598
I've been prepping by writing up answers to Competency questions I found on the internet. I have examples for PAF but not too many coz Im sure I wont memorise them all. I have my interview on the 9th :frown: :frown:. Good luck everyone

Mines is on the 10th. Could you possible send the link of the competency questions you found?
I personally haven’t done any prep..hoping I just perform well on the day!
And good luck :smile:
Original post by hugo13
Mines is on the 10th. Could you possible send the link of the competency questions you found?

Damn how are we so dumb to book it so early lol :redface: The competency questions are from different sites actually so you can just google Pharmacy Competency questions like time u had a conflict/ time you solved a problem etc.
Reply 7
Original post by hugo13

One of the pre regs at the hospital I had a placement at said she did no preparation and she was fine. I think it might actually be good to be clear headed
Hello :smile:

My interview is on the 11th coming up. Does anyone know if it's all compentacy-based questions or is there also clinical questions that will be asked? Good luck to everyone - hope we smash it. !
Reply 9
Original post by aladdin818
Hello :smile:

My interview is on the 11th coming up. Does anyone know if it's all compentacy-based questions or is there also clinical questions that will be asked? Good luck to everyone - hope we smash it. !

Hi~ there will be competency, scenario and problem solving questions. No clinical knowledge required as far as I'm aware
Original post by jjaved
Hi~ there will be competency, scenario and problem solving questions. No clinical knowledge required as far as I'm aware

Ahh okay, thank you :-)
Reply 11
Guys, for the 3 minutes preparation time we get at the start, is it for scenario based question or behavioural question?
And do we get time to prepare for each question?
Reply 12
Original post by hugo13
Guys, for the 3 minutes preparation time we get at the start, is it for scenario based question or behavioural question

3 mins is only for scenario questions. The behavioural ones dont get prep time and I believe are asked straight after the scenario questions
The six exercises will be undertaken across three rooms, with two exercises sat one after another in the same room. Each exercise will be five minutes in length with three minutes preparation time before entering each room. Within the three minutes, you will be provided with information to help you to prepare for the first exercise you will complete when entering each room. After completing that exercise, you will move straight onto the second exercise within that room which does not require any preparation ahead of it.

Original post by hugo13
Guys, for the 3 minutes preparation time we get at the start, is it for scenario based question or behavioural question?
Does anyone have any examples of scenario based questions?
Reply 15
Original post by Foolishdreamer
Does anyone have any examples of scenario based questions?

You are the preregistration pharmacist at your local community pharmacy. One day, a concerned parent asks about whether she should have her child vaccinated, because she heard there was a risk of developing autism. How would you respond?

You are the preregistration pharmacist at your local community pharmacy. A 15-year old female presents asking for information about home pregnancy tests, but is worried about her parents finding out. How would you respond?

found these from: https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/careers-and-jobs/careers-and-jobs/career-feature/how-to-succeed-in-the-oriel-multiple-mini-interviews/20206991.article
Original post by jjaved
You are the preregistration pharmacist at your local community pharmacy. One day, a concerned parent asks about whether she should have her child vaccinated, because she heard there was a risk of developing autism. How would you respond?

You are the preregistration pharmacist at your local community pharmacy. A 15-year old female presents asking for information about home pregnancy tests, but is worried about her parents finding out. How would you respond?

found these from: https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/careers-and-jobs/careers-and-jobs/career-feature/how-to-succeed-in-the-oriel-multiple-mini-interviews/20206991.article

Thank you! But how would I respond to the last q? confidentiality?
Reply 17
Original post by Foolishdreamer
Thank you! But how would I respond to the last q? confidentiality?

yeah definitely confidentiality and pick out some words from the professional attributes framework. For example, reassure patient that her information will be confidential, actively listen to her concerns. ensure 2 way dialogue
Hello,

I've got my MMI on the 13th, I haven't done any prep for it yet, but i am going to go over common competency based questions, not sure what else yet. Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Original post by jjaved

I've got mine on the 13th as well! Are you going to be at the one in Leicester?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending