The Student Room Group

This is how short your life probably is

Scroll to see replies

Are you making fun of me because I'm 5'3?
Reply 21
About 7.5 inches
"Immortality isn't about living forever, but about seeing everyone else die, so you're still negatively affected by it" - Aristotle

Unless their short lifespan is good news for you :lol:

Yes, I added a fake quote to seem more convincing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Dunya
Are you making fun of me because I'm 5'3?

:innocent:
Original post by Le Male
About 7.5 inches

:shot:
Original post by Legally Jasmine
"Immortality isn't about living forever, but about seeing everyone else die, so you're still negatively affected by this." - Aristotle

Unless their short life spans is good news for you :lol:

Yes, I added a fake quote to seem more convincing.

"Immortality isn't about living forever, but about living in the minds of others." - According to Lioness the Lost Loser, I am immortal. You can take your Aristotle and shov- I am off to make coffee. brb
Everyone is going to die eventually. The human race is accelerating to its inevitable doom.

Even if we manage to extend our lifespans, the Sun will explode in 5 billion years, since it's a Red Giant.

Also, as the vid suggests, you won't continue to live in their minds, their perception of you is what lives on. :beard:
(edited 4 years ago)
4DBB54AF-35EC-40E4-B225-9520CE2C8C86.jpeg
I'm hoping for electronic immortality sometime before 2080/2090 (if I make it that long). I wish the push for immortality was more mainstream. I feel that it will become so with time, as tools like CRISPR become more commonplace.

I know that's kind of random, but I actually think about immortality/my lifespan quite a lot, everyone assumes life is finite, but it won't always be.

To those of you reading this in the future on some internet cache/archive when immortality has been achieved, you have no idea how lucky you are, I wish I could join you!
Everyone is going to die eventually. The human race is accelerating to its inevitable doom.

Even so, the Sun will explode in 5 billion more years as a Red Giant.

Also, as the vid suggests, you won't continue to live in their minds, their perception of you is what lives on. :beard:

You have bright and happy thoughts for someone who is starting an exciting week of their life. (Are you at uni yet?)

Then I will exist as dust. That existence would be of more value and good to others than my current. jk

I didn't watch the entire video, must say.
Imagine if their Perception of me lived forever, people become sick of it one day... not sure what an eternity of others Perception of me annoying them would do. Chaos.
Oh well, as long as my parent, guineas and hamster are all ok am not fussed what happens to me. There are people far more important in life
that videos always in my recommended but never bothered watching it

decent channel tho - watch the video on stoicism
Original post by angelike1
that videos always in my recommended but never bothered watching it

decent channel tho - watch the video on stoicism

I did! Loved it as well.

I did a whole marathon for almost all that channel's videos ngl :lol:
Reply 33

** Felt the need to share this :biggrin:

This is something i've never understood about the mentality of most people. How they can waste 5 days a week working a job they dislike or a job they don't enjoy and be happy because they've got a few extra coins in their pocket.

Honestly, I feel like i'm being robbed when i've worked 9 to 5 before....
that time is gone forever, time i'll never get back.

yeah you get used to it if you do it enough, but you're essientially living for the weekend all the time.....
F u. Nope, have to wait till the 22nd of September (12 days!!!!).

:rofl:
Original post by Kernel_Coder
I'm hoping for electronic immortality sometime before 2080/2090 (if I make it that long). I wish the push for immortality was more mainstream. I feel that it will become so with time, as tools like CRISPR become more commonplace.

I know that's kind of random, but I actually think about immortality/my lifespan quite a lot, everyone assumes life is finite, but it won't always be.

To those of you reading this in the future on some internet cache/archive when immortality has been achieved, you have no idea how lucky you are, I wish I could join you!

Wouldn't you get sick of life though?

And I dunno, the idea of eternal oblivion, of just being able to let everything go, its kind of serene and poetic.

The Fountain is a good film on immortality.

Spoiler

I did! Loved it as well.

I did a whole marathon for almost all that channel's videos ngl :lol:

Cool! Did you watch the video on Alan Watts?
F u. Nope, have to wait till the 22nd of September (12 days!!!!).

:rofl:

Took a screenshot of this. When you are working as a lawyer, I am getting you sacked with this.

Spoiler

Original post by ANM775
This is something i've never understood about the mentality of most people. How they can waste 5 days a week working a job they dislike or a job they don't enjoy and be happy because they've got a few extra coins in their pocket.

Honestly, I feel like i'm being robbed when i've worked 9 to 5 before....
that time is gone forever, time i'll never get back.

yeah you get used to it if you do it enough, but you're essientially living for the weekend all the time.....

*cough* Investment banking *cough* *cough* 100 hrs a week
Pfft, the F stands for fancy. I meant to say, "fancy you". :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Quick Reply