The Student Room Group

This is how short your life probably is

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelike1
Cool! Did you watch the video on Alan Watts?

Yess! I watched the videos on him. I absolutely adore him :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Original post by angelike1
*cough* Investment banking *cough* *cough* 100 hrs a week

There was someone here a few weeks ago who seemed well up for them kinda hours.

It's too much imo...

yes you will be well off, but you won't really have time to enjoy it because you'll always be at work.
Original post by Legally Jasmine
Pfft, the F stands for fancy. I meant to say, "fancy you". :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Nice save.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Yess! I watched the videos on him. I absolutely adore him :rolleyes:

He is the best.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 48
this doesn't bother me at all
Crazy to think we only have 11 years of actual living on this earth :lolwut:

Time to get off TSR and make use of it lol :lol:
Original post by gjd800
this doesn't bother me at all

What? It gave me so much anxiety :lol:

I only wish that I can ever be as nonchalant as you are (judging from your posts), hahah.
Reply 51
What? It gave me so much anxiety :lol:

I only wish that I can ever be as nonchalant as you are (judging from your posts), hahah.

I've been ok with death for a good 20 years. Not worth getting hung up on.

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
I've been ok with death for a good 20 years. Not worth getting hung up on.

It's not really death that bothers me, but how I am choosing to spend my life.

Not that it matters considering we're all gonna die (except for ) anyways, but do you get what I mean? For people like me, 90% of that time has been "wasted", imo.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 54
It's not really death that bothers me, but how I am choosing to spend my life.

Not that it matters considering we're all gonna die (except for @LostLioness ) anyways, but do you get what I mean? For people like me, 90% of that time has been wasted, imo.

mm, I suppose, but by what means are you measuring it? People are so hung up on being 'productive' when really, 'living' is just about the moment

Well, depends on your priorities, I suppose. But I drift through life perfectly happy, and seldom happier than when I am doing **** all
Original post by gjd800
mm, I suppose, but by what means are you measuring it? People are so hung up on being 'productive' when really, 'living' is just about the moment

Well, depends on your priorities, I suppose. But I drift through life perfectly happy, and seldom happier than when I am doing **** all

This is the attitude I aspire to have, @Legally Jasmine . To simply glide through life as a wanderer, there is no fun when you have a map in your hands.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I am probably older than you so I will put an end to this childish *lifts chin higher in air* game. Also, to dull people like me anything and everything is funny, so I laughed again. You failed again. Good night x

** Felt the need to share this :biggrin:

Ridiculous.

For one thing, jobs aren't about satisfaction or being inspired, they're about putting food in the table and a roof over your head. Sure, some people love their jobs, and more power to them, but it's not necessary. The problem with this outlook is that it's based on people identifying with their job title - if you're a bricklayer, that's all you are, if you're a bank manager, that's all you are - but that's not true. You are who you are, and your job is a means to an end, and nothing more. You don't need to cease being you when you're working, either.

This is where the (now slightly chiché, I'll admit) phrase becomes applicable: "happiness is the journey, not the destination". If you want to be happy, stop just living for the weekends. Make your job into something you love, even if it's not something you inherently do love. And if that's too difficult, get another job.
This doesn't bother me. I already hate having to wake up everyday, like I have to do this again? But don't have much choice. At least you don't get "regrets" while you're dead.

Quick Reply

Latest