The Student Room Group

Rapist gets his just desserts?

A man has been castrated by a pitbull in revenge for raping a woman.

Do you agree with this sort of punishment for rapists or do you think it's too harsh?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/man-castrated-pitbull-revenge-raping-woman-10709842/

Scroll to see replies

If i was there, i’d probably cry. Not probably, i would cry. But since i’m not, this is a masterpiece. This has fixed my vision.
No one knows me online so I can see this freely - as someone who was sexually abused, I can say I don’t think this was too much. He horrendously violated a woman in the most disgustingly intimate way, I don’t see a reason why he shouldn’t be back.

I understand the whole it shouldn’t be an eye for an eye thing that some people believe in. But I know if the guy who did what he did to me was punished I’d be glad.
Such "justice" is present across Mexico and Brazil. It's an ugliness which any sane person would reject as barbarism.

It's even more bizarre that you're condoning Cartel violence -- as if you don't realise what havoc it's causing across South America and (South) N America. They're on the same level as ISIS, but they drive fancier cars.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Aaryra
No one knows me online so I can see this freely - as someone who was sexually abused, I can say I don’t think this was too much. He horrendously violated a woman in the most disgustingly intimate way, I don’t see a reason why he shouldn’t be back.

I understand the whole it shouldn’t be an eye for an eye thing that some people believe in. But I know if the guy who did what he did to me was punished I’d be glad.

exactly.
Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
exactly.

It’s easy for people who haven’t been through it to say it’s not right and just cause he did something bad doesn’t mean he should have been violated like this and that this is barbaric. Tbf if I hadn’t been through it I probably would say the same. But the actual act of rape, the intent to go to a woman and do that disgusting thing to her is so evil.

I don’t want to speak on behalf of every people who’s been through it, I’m just saying FOR ME.
No, I don't agree with the punishment.
Reply 7
It's hard to be upset, but I do find it distasteful. It is barbarism and is ultimately bad for society
Reply 8
Im in two minds about this... i mean on the one hand this is obviously barbarism of the rankest order and an affront to the justice system - after all without a trial how do we know he actually did anything? This is especially true given that these 'people' are all members of the most brutal gangs who id trust about as far as i could throw them.
On the flip side though if he was guilty then i have relatively few scruples about this. Although i still don't overtly approve.
Original post by Aaryra
It’s easy for people who haven’t been through it to say it’s not right and just cause he did something bad doesn’t mean he should have been violated like this and that this is barbaric. Tbf if I hadn’t been through it I probably would say the same. But the actual act of rape, the intent to go to a woman and do that disgusting thing to her is so evil.

I don’t want to speak on behalf of every people who’s been through it, I’m just saying FOR ME.

Exactly. it’s usually the people who have never been through it that seem to say it’s not right. yes exactly! rape is one of the worst things you could ever do to someone so this? this is nothing.

I know hun. i agree with you completely.
Reply 10
Just read the actual article and it is a cartel that are doing this? Complicates things hugely.

I remember the old days when the Ra used to do stuff like this and there was outcry from Joe Public in the UK. Funny how things change
Interestingly these are the people Trump wants to build his wall to keep out.
These a the people AOC Chucky and Nancy want the borders flung open for.
Original post by Just my opinion
Interestingly these are the people Trump wants to build his wall to keep out.
These a the people AOC Chucky and Nancy want the borders flung open for.

What the f*ck
What
Huh
Come again
I believe that the rule of law should have been fairly applied to the perpetrator, so there is little doubt whether the crimes were actually committed and then allow the court system to seek its own retribution.
S

Original post by Notoriety
Such "justice" is present across Mexico and Brazil. It's an ugliness which any sane person would reject as barbarism.

It's even more bizarre that you're condoning Cartel violence -- as if you don't realise what havoc it's causing across South America. They're on the same level as ISIS, but they drive fancier cars.

Agreed. It's a slippery slope when cartels and millitants start taking the 'law' into their own hands. Let the justic system deal with these people.
This is wrong and not a million miles away from Sharia law which everyone is quick to rightly condone.
Original post by gjd800
Just read the actual article and it is a cartel that are doing this? Complicates things hugely.

I remember the old days when the Ra used to do stuff like this and there was outcry from Joe Public in the UK. Funny how things change

Was there any cases of a revenge attack as brutal as this one though, I thought they mostly just tarred and feathered people?
Original post by Aaryra

To quote the article 'alledgedly raping'.
You think it's right that this individual was subject to that without a fair trial to even prove if he did it?
Reply 17
Original post by snipecaik
Was there any cases of a revenge attack as brutal as this one though, I thought they mostly just tarred and feathered people?

The mostly kneecapped people, shot ankles and wrists, and executed people, mate
Original post by CoolCavy
To quote the article 'alledgedly raping'.
You think it's right that this individual was subject to that without a fair trial to even prove if he did it?

Obviously not. Skimmed the article so didn’t see that. Talking more in general.
Original post by Notoriety

It's even more bizarre that you're condoning Cartel violence -- as if you don't realise what havoc it's causing across South America. They're on the same level as ISIS, but they drive fancier cars.

When the police is corrupt and doesn't carry out justice, why shouldn't the people take it upon themselves to create a deterrent? You come from an incredibly privileged point of view and judge the less privileged as "insane" or "barbaric".

There's the issue of fake news and mob rule, but in Mexico it's by and large the actual culprits who suffer. Most of the victims of cartel violence are people of other cartels, or people who work or compete against them. I would emphasize with a brave police officer who loses their life, I would emphasize with the children of the cartel people, but I don't feel anything about other criminals being killed.

And the wording of your second paragraph seems to suggest you don't even know Mexico isn't in South America. Not to mention cartel violence is not comparable the havoc ISIS caused in Syria. The only South American country with the level of havoc is Venezuela, and their chaos aren't just caused by cartel violence (although they are a naco state).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending