The Student Room Group

Durham and York Colleges

Hi,
I'm just about to go to the York and Durham university open days and I really don't know which colleges to go and see!
Can anyone give me a vague summary of any of the colleges from either university e.g. which ones aren't as nice, what they are known for?
I'm hoping to study environmental science and would like to go self catered in preferably an ensuite room if that helps?
Any information about any of the colleges would be super helpful!!!
Thanks,
H
For Durham if you want self catered ensuite then it's Josephine Butler you want to look at. They're one of only a few self catered colleges and are all ensuites. Kitchens are shared between 6 so not too many either :smile:
Let me know if you want to know anything else about it!
Reply 2
Original post by HarriWarmi
Hi,
I'm just about to go to the York and Durham university open days and I really don't know which colleges to go and see!
Can anyone give me a vague summary of any of the colleges from either university e.g. which ones aren't as nice, what they are known for?
I'm hoping to study environmental science and would like to go self catered in preferably an ensuite room if that helps?
Any information about any of the colleges would be super helpful!!!
Thanks,
H

I would avoid Halifax College (it's about a 15-20 minute walk to Campus West - the main campus) and Derwent College (it's known for abestos in its old 60s building and its accommodation isn't the greatest of all + it's not really great for some who isn't a party animal. In terms of going self catered and possibly getting an en-suite as well, I'd say this depends on whether you get an offer from York in the first place and firmed them. If so, you can apply for accommodation earlier compared to people coming to the uni via clearing or adjustment and thus you'll usually have a greater choice. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Lemur14
For Durham if you want self catered ensuite then it's Josephine Butler you want to look at. They're one of only a few self catered colleges and are all ensuites. Kitchens are shared between 6 so not too many either :smile:

Thank you!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Lemur14

Thank you!!!

Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
I would avoid Halifax College (it's about a 15-20 minute walk to Campus West - the main campus) and Derwent College (it's known for abestos in its old 60s building and its accommodation isn't the greatest of all + it's not really great for some who isn't a party animal. In terms of going self catered and possibly getting an en-suite as well, I'd say this depends on whether you get an offer from York in the first place and firmed them. If so, you can apply for accommodation earlier compared to people coming to the uni via clearing or adjustment and thus you'll usually have a greater choice. Ho

Thank you! That's really helpful!
Reply 5
Original post by HarriWarmi
Thank you!!!

Thank you! That's really helpful!

You're welcome. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending