The Student Room Group

Where should I buy my flashcards from?

Which company out of these list should I buy ready made flash cards?
CGP?
Pearson?
Cobertmaths? ( sorry if I spelt it wrong) (maths only)
Any suggestions would be nice, and would you mind explaining me why?
By the way it’s for gcse AQA for all subject excluding cobertmaths
And higher tier
Hello?
Try quizlet they have some good flashcards - for all subjects when you make an account they are free to acess. Personally I didn't find the ready made ones useful and they were a bit of a waste of time - needless to say lazy. Making your own ones quickly are the most useful otherwise get a friend to test you.

However, to answer your question the CGP guides are very good but their flash cards are just their CGP guides condensed even further so essentially your paying for bare-minimum information from already condensed notes (CGP guides). So looking at your options Pearsons would be the best as they are the most informative. Then again I would recommend using your exam board flash cards if they have any.

Hope this helps :smile:
I don’t want to make my own as i feel like it would be a waste of time, I want to revise from text books as well, if you know what I mean
Original post by Panicky student
I don’t want to make my own as i feel like it would be a waste of time, I want to revise from text books as well, if you know what I mean

Then just use textbooks and make notes - pre-made flashcards don't help you to study from the textbook. Which reminds me primrose kitten on youtube sells flashcards made by herself which are tailored to each exam board you should go check those out.
Reply 7
Making the flashcards is the whole point. The process of making the, helps you to remember the content much better. This comes from experience, I got straight A*s at both GCSE and A-level, using the AQA spec.
Did you make flashcards?
May I ask?
Sorry that didn’t sound polite, i didn’t mean as I it written.:smile:
Should I use flashcards OR just write and read from the textbook.
I would like to use flashcards as I can go back to notes, compared to if I have written in a notebook.
Most often people do both - so for example make numerous notes on lengthy topics and concepts and make flash cards for formulas, definitions or simple questions. This is what most people do and it works for me too.
Reply 12
Original post by Panicky student
May I ask?
Sorry that didn’t sound polite, i didn’t mean as I it written.:smile:

Yes I did use flashcards :smile:
making your own is a form of active revision, plus most of the ones you can buy don't fully cover enough info
it's best to make your own and condense as you go along and tailor it to what you really need to learn in order to benefit you
If you are serious about using flashcards, I suggest using anki as it incorporates active recall and spaced repetition and also its free and allows you to use images whereas quizlet you have to pay. If you need any help with using anki just pm me

Quick Reply

Latest