The Student Room Group

Taking notes for lectures

I’m currently about to start my BTEC Level 3 Engineering Extended Diploma at College (UK) once a week 9. I have been told by colleagues who have done the course in the past that I will be taking a lot of notes as it is brand new information. They suggested I use the 250 page Pukka Pad with dividers to take my notes in and use the five dividers for each lecture I will be having. This means I will have 50 pages in this notebook (obviously two sides so technically 100) per lecture. They also suggested I have a ring binder. My question is 1) do you think the notebook is enough to begin with? 2) do you suggest once I have finished a lecture each week to transfer my notes into my ring binder or should I keep my notes in the pukka pad so I can always look back on them easily and then move them over into my ring binder once I have filled the whole notebook. Hopefully that made sense :|
Original post by egh16112001
I’m currently about to start my BTEC Level 3 Engineering Extended Diploma at College (UK) once a week 9. I have been told by colleagues who have done the course in the past that I will be taking a lot of notes as it is brand new information. They suggested I use the 250 page Pukka Pad with dividers to take my notes in and use the five dividers for each lecture I will be having. This means I will have 50 pages in this notebook (obviously two sides so technically 100) per lecture. They also suggested I have a ring binder. My question is 1) do you think the notebook is enough to begin with? 2) do you suggest once I have finished a lecture each week to transfer my notes into my ring binder or should I keep my notes in the pukka pad so I can always look back on them easily and then move them over into my ring binder once I have filled the whole notebook. Hopefully that made sense :|

You can use a notebook (doesn't have to be a Pukka Pad) to take down notes each class. After each topic, you can write out your class notes in conjunction with other ideas or thoughts from other resources so you have a full set of study notes that you can keep in your ring binder. This is what I would do but you should find a way that works for you best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending