The Student Room Group

Rapist gets his just desserts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
Do you agree with this sort of punishment for rapists or do you think it's too harsh?

This is obviously completely unacceptable in any country that calls itself civilised. The perpetrators should be brought to justice and punished. Whether the victim was a rapist or an innocent man is irrelevant.

However, those that confuse the word 'desserts' (the plural of dessert, a pudding) with 'deserts' (something that is deserved) should be taken out into the desert (an area of land with low precipitation) and their captors should desert them (abandon them) for forty days and forty nights.
Original post by Aaryra
No one knows me online so I can see this freely - as someone who was sexually abused, I can say I don’t think this was too much. He horrendously violated a woman in the most disgustingly intimate way, I don’t see a reason why he shouldn’t be back.

I understand the whole it shouldn’t be an eye for an eye thing that some people believe in. But I know if the guy who did what he did to me was punished I’d be glad.

Key word here is "allegedly". Given that it's Mexico and its a drug cartel it could easily be someone completely innocent. Regardless of innocence in my opinion no human deserves to have this done to them. If you disagree then this is precisely why we have a justice system. It's impartial and fair most of the time. Its not for victims to decide the punishment precisely because you'd end up with barbaric displays like this.
Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
And who the **** cares? That will teach him to never rape again.

Erm literally anyone with a semblance of humanity.
Original post by James23121
Key word here is "allegedly". Given that it's Mexico and its a drug cartel it could easily be someone completely innocent. Regardless of innocence in my opinion no human deserves to have this done to them. If you disagree then this is precisely why we have a justice system. It's impartial and fair most of the time. Its not for victims to decide the punishment precisely because you'd end up with barbaric displays like this.

Refer to my earlier comment about me speaking generally, not specific to this case. Obviously no one would say this is okay if it was alleged.

And i don’t mean I’d personally set off a dog on the man’s d*ck. I just mean I won’t stop it.
Erm literally anyone with a semblance of humanity.

i mean i’m human yes i’d cry at the sight of that and yes that is extremely harsh but so is rape. honestly i think if someone rapes more than once then this is something i dont have sympathy for them for? just not recording it for other people to see. it’s extremely disturbing but so is rape... so.
Original post by Aaryra
Refer to my earlier comment about me speaking generally, not specific to this case. Obviously no one would say this is okay if it was alleged.

And i don’t mean I’d personally set off a dog on the man’s d*ck. I just mean I won’t stop it.

Rape is a notoriously difficult thing to prosecute. It's often a womans word vs the guys. Which means it's not always clear cut who's innocent and guilty. You can set someone free you can't uncastrate them. Personally I can't believe anyone's actually defending this.This is effectively torture which is a much more grevious crime than rape is. We're not savages.
Rape is a notoriously difficult thing to prosecute. It's often a womans word vs the guys. Which means it's not always clear cut who's innocent and guilty. You can set someone free you can't uncastrate them. Personally I can't believe anyone's actually defending this.This is effectively torture which is a much more grevious crime than rape is. We're not savages.

Your first reason doesn’t make much sense though. If it’s so difficult to prosecute, do you get annoyed seeing rapists in prison cause according to you, no one knows if they actually did it?
Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
i mean i’m human yes i’d cry at the sight of that and yes that is extremely harsh but so is rape. honestly i think if someone rapes more than once then this is something i dont have sympathy for them for? just not recording it for other people to see. it’s extremely disturbing but so is rape... so.

It doesn't matter. Once he's chained up he's as powerless as anybody else. All this is is a group of people torturing another human being for their own enjoyment. That isn't justice. Its sadism.Forgive me if I don't condone sadism.This is just as bad as when Isis set that Jordanian pilot on fire. And there was a much more sympathetic reaction to that.
igyijju
Original post by Aaryra

Your first reason doesn’t make much sense though. If it’s so difficult to prosecute, do you get annoyed seeing rapists in prison cause according to you, no one knows if they actually did it?

Depends how strong the evidence is. The point is that if he's later found not to have done it you can always set him free and give them compensation. If you execute them or start hacking bits off then that's pretty permanent. The justice system is pretty good but it's not foolproof. If you want a recent example see the Ched Evans case or the Liam Allen case.
Depends how strong the evidence is. The point is that if he's later found not to have done it you can always set him free and give them compensation. If you execute them or start hacking bits off then that's pretty permanent. The justice system is pretty good but it's not foolproof. If you want a recent example see the Ched Evans case or the Liam Allen case.

But that's not...okay whatever. Cba to reply.
haha i remember that, ****er got what he deserved
To even think of treating someone like this regardless of what they've done means you have to be a bit ****ed up in the head and a violent person. Sure, you might want to exact revenge but you've got to show at least an iota of restraint, otherwise you're really not that much better than them.
I can’t say that if the guy was actually a rapist I’d be much bothered about what happened to him
Original post by Good bloke
This is obviously completely unacceptable in any country that calls itself civilised. The perpetrators should be brought to justice and punished. Whether the victim was a rapist or an innocent man is irrelevant.

However, those that confuse the word 'desserts' (the plural of dessert, a pudding) with 'deserts' (something that is deserved) should be taken out into the desert (an area of land with low precipitation) and their captors should desert them (abandon them) for forty days and forty nights.

Dingus thinks punishing a rapist is bad but leaving some teen in the desert for a grammar mistake is ok :confused:
Original post by PAPAFRANKRU
Dingus thinks punishing a rapist is bad but leaving some teen in the desert for a grammar mistake is ok :confused:

He’s over 30 not a teen
if he acc did it then sure he deserved it. but since its the cartel he could've been snitched or wrongly accused and with no court/evidence bullsh** then its not my cup of tea
Honestly I just assumed everyone here was regular student age but I guess there are mature students
Were talking about people that regularly decapitate people with a chainsaw and hang them from bridges upside down for crossing them. (The cartels not the bridges)
Original post by PAPAFRANKRU

Did you take that comment to be a serious suggestion for the punishment of grammatical errors? Or did you just leave your sense of humour at the door when you came in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending