The Student Room Group

Gamer wants to be American President?

https://www.newsweek.com/who-ace-watkins-2020-gamer-president-1448820

Ace Watkins has made history as the first Gamer candidate to seek the presidency. He has announced bold reforms and promised representation for one of America's most misunderstood political demographics.

Why even bother? He is 1000000000000000000000% gonna lose, a gamer in the White House? I can already imagine America turning into some post-apocalypse of zombie-like gamers worshipping games and nothing else.
Original post by The RAR
https://www.newsweek.com/who-ace-watkins-2020-gamer-president-1448820

Ace Watkins has made history as the first Gamer candidate to seek the presidency. He has announced bold reforms and promised representation for one of America's most misunderstood political demographics.

Why even bother? He is 1000000000000000000000% gonna lose, a gamer in the White House? I can already imagine America turning into some post-apocalypse of zombie-like gamers worshipping games and nothing else.

Well, you're not going to find someone born in the late 90s/early 00s that hasn't been a gamer to some degree at some point so indeed, there will eventually be a gamer president.
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
Well, you're not going to find someone born in the late 90s/early 00s that hasn't been a gamer to some degree at some point so indeed, there will eventually be a gamer president.

Current politicians also play games but not to an extent as this guy. By gamer we mean someone that spends most of their time playing games in life. Mark my words, there will NEVER be a gamer as President of the United States. I literally bet my life on it.
Original post by The RAR
Current politicians also play games but not to an extent as this guy. By gamer we mean someone that spends most of their time playing games in life. Mark my words, there will NEVER be a gamer as President of the United States. I literally bet my life on it.

this is not the common definition of gamer. I haven't actually watched the video but apparently the dude is hopeless anyway so you have no need to worry.
Reply 4
Original post by _gcx
this is not the common definition of gamer. I haven't actually watched the video but apparently the dude is hopeless anyway so you have no need to worry.

I just wanted to see if anyone actually thought this guy had a shot
His candidacy is pretty obviously a joke. I wouldn't bother worrying about it.
Reply 6
Original post by The RAR
I just wanted to see if anyone actually thought this guy had a shot

Well if the current occupant is any indication he already has a shoe in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending