The Student Room Group

Sixth form subjescts

I’m looking to do architecture in university but I’m wondering if a lot of people get in to uni without doing maths Alevel. And instead of maths what subjects is good to pick for getting into uni other than Art.
Reply 1
Original post by Maha-01
I’m looking to do architecture in university but I’m wondering if a lot of people get in to uni without doing maths Alevel. And instead of maths what subjects is good to pick for getting into uni other than Art.

You will be fine, don’t worry about Maths and just pick subjects that you think you’ll enjoy, you don’t need a maths A level to get into university, especially for architecture, in imperial colleges such as oxford, Cambridge etc, you may need a high A in maths, English or science, other than that you are completely fine
Reply 2
Original post by maxiwp
You will be fine, don’t worry about Maths and just pick subjects that you think you’ll enjoy, you don’t need a maths A level to get into university, especially for architecture, in imperial colleges such as oxford, Cambridge etc, you may need a high A in maths, English or science, other than that you are completely fine

Thank u so much u actually have calmed me down .
Reply 3
Original post by Maha-01
Thank u so much u actually have calmed me down .

Its okay :smile: I hope you get there in the end
Reply 4
Original post by maxiwp
Its okay :smile: I hope you get there in the end

Did u do architecture can I ask.
Reply 5
Original post by Maha-01

No I didn’t but I was going to choose it
Reply 6
Original post by Maha-01

And some other subjects that look good for uni is entirely in your hands, it’s not about the subject it’s more about the grade, depending on what subject you want to do at university. If you were to do architecture I’d suggest some creative subjects along with something like statistic, etc

Quick Reply