The Student Room Group

do i have to contact student finance to let them know i failed or does my uni do it

i failed my second year of uni and dont wish to continue or reapply, do i have to contact student finance to let them know i failed or does my uni let them know automatically?
Reply 1
Original post by Green Arrow1
i failed my second year of uni and dont wish to continue or reapply, do i have to contact student finance to let them know i failed or does my uni let them know automatically?

What do you mean by you have failed? Why don't you wish to continue? Yes, student finance will find out as they get updates from universities.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by David/f
What do you mean by you have failed? Why don't you wish to continue? Yes, student finance will find out as they get updates from universities.

I retook my second year of university(2018-2019) but failed so i cannot continue with that course so i was just wondering if i need to let student finance know or if they already did. thank you
Reply 3
I retook my second year of university(2018-2019) but failed so i cannot continue with that course so i was just wondering if i need to let student finance know or if they already did. thank you

Oh ok. Try another course that you enjoy. If you enjoy a course you will be good at it. Don't worry about student finance right now. What were you studying and what happened? You don't have to answer if you dont want to btw.
Original post by David/f
Oh ok. Try another course that you enjoy. If you enjoy a course you will be good at it. Don't worry about student finance right now. What were you studying and what happened? You don't have to answer if you dont want to btw.

No uni just isn't for me. Even when i passed first year i wasn't liking it and i didnt have any friends anyways. i just failed the exams so im just looking for an apprenticeship right now
Reply 5
No uni just isn't for me. Even when i passed first year i wasn't liking it and i didnt have any friends anyways. i just failed the exams so im just looking for an apprenticeship right now

I understand. An apprenticeship is a great idea. I don't think you should worry too much about your student finance but you can give them a quick call to update them.

I wish you all the best and good luck with your apprenticeship, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending