The Student Room Group

Want to become a half vegetarian lol

This sounds so weird but I want to eat chicken but completely cut out every other type of meat , watched a video yesterday where a lamb was literally cut by the ears and i cried for a day straight but I just know when I go out with my friends it’s impossibke to not eat chicken( I love Nando’s ) I do want to completely cut out but do you think there no point if I’m still eating chicken ( please don’t hate ) at home it’s fine for me as my little sister is fully vegetarian. I will soon cut out all type of meat but for now just every other type. And anyone know which animal is hurt the most , I’ve heard some animals don’t feel pain but I don’t trust anyone and feel cruel eating them.
At the end of the day, you eat what you want to eat. Reducing your meat intake has never been easier with many restaurants, cafes and fast food places catering for at least vegetarian if not completely vegan.

Personally, I'm about 95% whole-foods plant-based and by that, I mean I allow myself selected types of meat (oily fish, offel) 1-2 times a week for their nutritional benefits (Omega3, B12 etc) rather than supplementing or if I go out and there isn't anything on the menu I want that is plant-based (not very often). The rest of the time I eat plant-based.

As for which animal is hurt the most? Well, they're all killed. All animals feel pain and they all experience fear. Mass bred animals that are farmed cheaply for their meat/milk tend to go through more pain than those that are kept and butchered by smaller, local farms which is why sourcing local meat tends to be recommended (better for the environment too). But, in my opinion, chickens and dairy animals do have it worse. If you want to know more then Land of Hope and Glory, which you can watch on YouTube, is a heartbreaking but informative documentary.
Original post by Nouri7389292
This sounds so weird but I want to eat chicken but completely cut out every other type of meat , watched a video yesterday where a lamb was literally cut by the ears and i cried for a day straight but I just know when I go out with my friends it’s impossibke to not eat chicken( I love Nando’s ) I do want to completely cut out but do you think there no point if I’m still eating chicken ( please don’t hate ) at home it’s fine for me as my little sister is fully vegetarian. I will soon cut out all type of meat but for now just every other type. And anyone know which animal is hurt the most , I’ve heard some animals don’t feel pain but I don’t trust anyone and feel cruel eating them.

Go for it if you want to.
Lmao I’m like this. My parents call me a half vegetarian coz I only eat chicken. I don’t eat lamb, beef or even fish 😂😂
Reply 4
Original post by OR321
Lmao I’m like this. My parents call me a half vegetarian coz I only eat chicken. I don’t eat lamb, beef or even fish 😂😂

Do you not like the taste?
Original post by k3panda
Do you not like the taste?

I don’t the like the taste nor the look of it. Ik it’s weird 😂
Reply 6
Original post by OR321
I don’t the like the taste nor the look of it. Ik it’s weird 😂

It's a little weird but there's nothing wrong with it.

Do you plan on eventually becoming fully vegetarian?
Original post by k3panda
It's a little weird but there's nothing wrong with it.

Do you plan on eventually becoming fully vegetarian?

Nah I love chicken too much 😍
Reply 8
I'm similar, I only don't eat meat as I don't like cooking it or eating it, not down to ethical reasons, but it's fine for others who do it for that. But I do eat pork now and again like once or twice a month, I do eat fish but that doesn't really count. I'd go fully pescatarian but I keep the pork option for those places that don't really cater for non meat lovers. But I need the nutrients of the fish so I can't go full vegetarian. But yeah this is fairly normal not strange at all.
Reply 9
I don't really understand why there have to be two extremes. It's fine to eat less meat but not be a vegetarian. Even if you occasionally eat meat, you're still not supporting the meat industry nearly as much as you could be.

Only buy chicken that has been raised free range, as battery farming (just look at images) is extremely cruel. Also, if you watch any videos of inside a slaughterhouse (only true sociopaths would want to work in one; they have no empathy for the animals), you'll want to stop eating any meat.
It doesn't have to be all or nothing! Eat whatever you want to and are comfortable eating. You don't have to go full vegetarian - keep eating chicken if that's what you enjoy :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by OR321
Nah I love chicken too much 😍

good source of protein too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest