The Student Room Group

what evidence do I need to say I'm single

daughter applying for student bursary for college in scotland .I have no fixed address and I'm separated
Original post by ang1965
daughter applying for student bursary for college in scotland .I have no fixed address and I'm separated

Hello Ang,

The following is deemed acceptable marital status evidence:

Most recently dated council tax bill with one of the following discounts- 25% single person occupancy discount,18-20 still in education, Single person discount, Sole occupier discount or Only one adult resident
Solicitors letter confirming separation
A Signed Affidavit
Statutory declaration

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello Ang,

The following is deemed acceptable marital status evidence:

Most recently dated council tax bill with one of the following discounts- 25% single person occupancy discount,18-20 still in education, Single person discount, Sole occupier discount or Only one adult resident
Solicitors letter confirming separation
A Signed Affidavit
Statutory declaration

Thanks, Lynsey.

would a separation agreement signed by ex husband and me...I've got appt with lawyer on Monday to get a letter of separation. I dont have council tax bill as I'm staying between my friend and my other daughter just now waiting to get deposit for my own place. he left me in such a mess. many thanks lynsey x
Original post by ang1965
would a separation agreement signed by ex husband and me...I've got appt with lawyer on Monday to get a letter of separation. I dont have council tax bill as I'm staying between my friend and my other daughter just now waiting to get deposit for my own place. he left me in such a mess. many thanks lynsey x

Hi Ang,

The separation agreement may be acceptable yes, we just can't say for sure as we're not assessors. The letter you're getting from your solicitor will be acceptable.

Thanks, Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending