The Student Room Group

Which Uni you'll definitely get in with one shot?

I failed all of my A levels and I'm currently taking a gap year to retake all of them, I'm really nervous about getting a place (and I don't wanna take another gap year) and I was wondering which unis are the safest option. My GCSE grades are pretty average, 4A, 1A*, 3B and 1 C in Spanish. I'm doing A level biology, chemistry and maths and planning on applying to biomedical science.
Is Westminster a safe option as well?
Also, I didn't apply to any uni when I was in yr 13.

Right now I'm a nervous mess and so any help will be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Bluerainy
I failed all of my A levels and I'm currently taking a gap year to retake all of them, I'm really nervous about getting a place (and I don't wanna take another gap year) and I was wondering which unis are the safest option. My GCSE grades are pretty average, 4A, 1A*, 3B and 1 C in Spanish. I'm doing A level biology, chemistry and maths and planning on applying to biomedical science.

You may have more chance at the lower ranked universities or courses with low entry requirements, but I wouldn't focus on applying to these ones. Set a goal for you to work towards so you can apply for the course/university that is right for you and will help you advance in your career aims. With some hard work, you may find that you do much better this time around. Just looking at the first university that will accept you may not be the right step to take.
Reply 2
i legit got the same gcse grades as you and retaking too lol

Entering a mindset of a uni being ‘safe’ is an extremely dangerous sentiment. You can’t be too complacent, especially in your situation. Please, don’t be of the understanding you’ll get into any uni with minimal work. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by wordsworth12
Entering a mindset of a uni being ‘safe’ is an extremely dangerous sentiment. You can’t be too complacent, especially in your situation. Please, don’t be of the understanding you’ll get into any uni with minimal work. Good luck!

I'm not planning on putting minimum work, I'm going to try my best this year and I'm targeting towards getting top grades but I know having bad results at first time around puts me in a disadvantaged situation and I'm just trying to take a logical approach like any other candidates to apply to safer options as well so I don't end up having to take two gap years. I don't know for sure but I heard somewhere after you become 20 yrs old you are considered mature student.
Reply 5
Original post by bellanh
i legit got the same gcse grades as you and retaking too lol

Oh man that means we are one the same boat. Let's hope we do great this year and everything works out well, good luck!!
I'm not planning on putting minimum work, I'm going to try my best this year and I'm targeting towards getting top grades but I know having bad results at first time around puts me in a disadvantaged situation and I'm just trying to take a logical approach like any other candidates to apply to safer options as well so I don't end up having to take two gap years. I don't know for sure but I heard somewhere after you become 20 yrs old you are considered mature student.

it's after you're 21. And there is nothing wrong with being a mature student either. What will your predicted grades be? Apply for a couple with those grades and some with lower grades.

Like if you are predicted AAB, apply for some with AAB. Then a few others wanting BBB or something.

Look into adjustment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending