The Student Room Group

Can my student finance termtime address be different to my actual university address?

I’m going to be between two homes when attending university and I was wondering whether my term time address for Student Finance (my aunty’s house) has to be the same one i have to my University? I’d like to put down that I live with my grandparents so all of my post goes there as I’ll be spending most of my time there. I’ll only be at my Aunty’s house when I have lectures. I just didn’t want Student Finance to see a different address and think i’m committing fraud. I wasn’t sure if information like that is shared between the two companies. Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
I’m going to be between two homes when attending university and I was wondering whether my term time address for Student Finance (my aunty’s house) has to be the same one i have to my University? I’d like to put down that I live with my grandparents so all of my post goes there as I’ll be spending most of my time there. I’ll only be at my Aunty’s house when I have lectures. I just didn’t want Student Finance to see a different address and think i’m committing fraud. I wasn’t sure if information like that is shared between the two companies. Thank you!

During your University term time you need to write down the address where you will be living while you are studying at your uni. If you will stay at your grandparents everyday like 7 days a week say for example then you should probably put down your grandparents house address. However if you have lectures/seminars only 3 or 2 days a week and during those days you decide to live with your aunt then i don't think you want to put down your aunt house address.
The best thing you can do is call up student finance and explain them your situation and they will be able to guide and advise you in the best way about this.
Which uni are you attending ? Almost all university's have student advisors which you can call and ask for help/suggestions/advice

Hope I was helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending