The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baron of Sealand
How can one be gay while being non-binary? So they only like others who are non-binary?

maybe if they're dressed up as Biffo the Bear

There were only three in total, the last was empty.
Original post by the bear
people who pretend to be animals ? :hand:

I don't know dude, I especially don't know why someone would pretend to be a bear :angry:
I liked what you did there but it made me a bit dizzy
Original post by harrysbar
I liked what you did there but it made me a bit dizzy

Pleased to know it was an effective strategy. :wink: Plan to employ it every once in a while.
(edited 4 years ago)
I expect Johan was secretly impressed too and we will soon see him using them on the Law forum :h:

Spoiler

Original post by AngeryPenguin
US singer Lana Del Rey has come out against the furry community, calling them “gross”.

During a livestream with her fans on September 4, someone asked if Lana was a furry and her reply was clear: “I’m not a furry, you guys are gross.”

The Grammy-nominated artist was mid-vape when she said that furries are gross.

Lana Del Rey’s sixth studio album, Norman ****ing Rockwell, was released last week, August 30.

She previously won two Brit awards, for international breakthrough act and international female solo artist, in 2012 and 2013.

Her last album, Lust for Life, was nominated for a Grammy award in 2018.

A gay black furry was recently crowned the best Esports player in the world.

Dominique “SonicFox” McLean won Best eSports Player at The Game Awards 2018, and gave a wonderful pro-LGBT+ speech.

They said: “I wanna give a super shoutout to all my LGBTQ+ friends that have always helped me through life.

“Obviously, I’m a furry, so shout out to the furries.

“Guess all I gotta really say is that I’m gay, black, a furry pretty much everything a Republican hates and the best eSports player of the whole year, I guess. Thank you so much!”

SoncFox, one of the most popular professional online gamers, came out as non-binary on Twitter on September 3.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/09/06/lana-del-rey-furries-gross-livestream-norman-rockwell/

No one cares?
Original post by Andrew97
Never has a thread confused me so much.

What is a furry?
What has mid-vape got to do with it?
Who’s SoncFox?
What does the Q stand for in LGBTQ ?

Well for starters a furry is someone who likes to dress up as an animal or like have a character costume on?

I think the post means she was vaping during her live not too sure as i haven’t seen it

SoncFox is a esports player and as you can guess yes he is a furry google him to see what I mean

And finally the Q in LGBTQ stands for queer or questioning!!

Hope this helped :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CoolCavy
A furry is someone who likes to dress up as an animal. Think the costumes mascots wear and it's similar to that. Basically cosplaying.
Furries get a lot of hate, idk why really I guess people just like to laugh at anyone who isn't 'normal' by their definition. People also get them confused with 'otherkin' who are people that actually think they are an animal....
No idea
No idea
Q = queer or questioning. Personally I dislike the word queer as I think it's a slur but a lot of people have 'reclaimed' it and now use it as a sort of umbrella for the whole LGBT+ community. Questioning is people who aren't sure of their gender/sexuality.

Furries are weird, but I wouldn't say they're gross. I can understand why and how it turns people on, it just doesn't do that to me.

Surely it's better to have a blanket term that covers all non-conforming people? Bearing in mind that "straight/cis" people are the norm, and are the reasonable expectation on the street. The whole idea that "LGBT" keeps getting more letters tacked onto the end is really silly, and indicative of a systemic problem in society.
Reply 70
Bizarre article and bizarre thread.
I am so confused
Do furries have sex?

And who cleans the costumes afterwards?
Original post by Greywolftwo
No one cares?

4th most viewed thread in the front page of the subforum.

It's always the most active threads that people claim are entirely pointless. :thinking:
Original post by AngeryPenguin
4th most viewed thread in the front page of the subforum.

It's always the most active threads that people claim are entirely pointless. :thinking:

Furries are weird people and she’s only just expressing her opinion, what’s wrong in that? What she said wasn’t wrong
Original post by CoolCavy
A furry is someone who likes to dress up as an animal. Think the costumes mascots wear and it's similar to that. Basically cosplaying.
Furries get a lot of hate, idk why really I guess people just like to laugh at anyone who isn't 'normal' by their definition. People also get them confused with 'otherkin' who are people that actually think they are an animal....
No idea
No idea
Q = queer or questioning. Personally I dislike the word queer as I think it's a slur but a lot of people have 'reclaimed' it and now use it as a sort of umbrella for the whole LGBT+ community. Questioning is people who aren't sure of their gender/sexuality.

there are two types of furries one are the art or Digi art or there are fursuiters those are the people who dress up in the "costumes" or fursuits the people who don't have suits mainly do art. the LGBT+ community does have an effect because there are gay and lesbian and the other furries and they are different behaviors there are so many that I can go on and on but there is a wide variety
I’m not into this stuff but I would wear this... as a DJ and my DJ name would be Greywolf 080C4021-6929-42EE-BF6A-4273194C6DE0.jpg.jpeg
Sorry for the second one
Don't know who she is but I agree with her wholeheartedly.
It's an opinion.
Her mistake is in thinking you are allowed an opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending